Mornings Are Officially The Worst.

It was an annoyingly sunny Sunday morning, and I'd woken up to my mother calling out to me. I trudged into the living room, my eyes still half closed from sleep, to find my mother with another woman and a teenage boy about my age. The woman had long black hair that went past her shoulders. Her hazel nut-colored eyes were warm and sparkled with amusement. She wore a crisp, freshly ironed blue business suit, with a undershirt to go with it. Her heels immediately caught my eye. They were a red limited edition Chanel! 

                        The boy next to her wore a more closed-off expression. He had bleached hair with brown edges. His wolf cut was messy as if he just rolled out of bed. But that made it look more attractive. He wore black baggy sweatpants and a gray Adidas shirt. His clothes were paired with big black boots. His shirt looked tight, so the outline of his abs were visible. His icy blue eyes followed me as I finally entered the living room. Self-conscious, I checked my outfit to realize, I was in my pajamas. Specifically, a Deku tank top, I had gotten from the anime store from down the street. It was paired with my favorite cow-printed purple pajama pants. My hair was tied up into a ponytail, a few strands around my face.

'G'Morning Ma, and....' I trailed off, waiting for someone to answer.

'Good Morning dumpling, this is Ms. Liverpool and her son Trent. They're our new neighbors. You see, they just moved here from England and I was hoping you would show her son around town.' My mother rambled on. My mother was a short petite woman, with pale skin. She never wore makeup and frequently encouraged me not to as well. She had a round smiling face that resembled a doll's. As usual, she was dressed in a brightly colored outfit. For today it was a blue dress, while her hair was in a neat bun. She also wore the pair of fluffy slippers I got her for her birthday.

'Sure, Ma. Just let me get changed and eat.' The boy, whose name was Trent never stopped staring at me. His gaze was quite intense causing me to blush. Turning on my heel, I rushed back into my room and slammed my door shut. I walked over to my closet, quickly scanning it to find something comfy and loose to wear. It was, in fact, summer break and a week before school. I grabbed a pair of cropped jeans that had little star chains hanging off of them and proceeded to comb out my hair. Pulling out a shirt, it read 'Reaching for the Stars!' in a glittery gold color. I plaited my hair into a French braid leaving a few strands of hair out.  Grabbing my pink and purple Adidas shoes, I quickly tied them onto my feet.

          I opened my door, only to bump into a chest. Rubbing my forehead, I looked up and stared into his eyes. He was fairly taller than me, but his gaze was icy and hard.

Clearing his throat, he finally spoke, 'Your mom, asked if I could come get you. While she and my mom talked.' His voice was deep and raspy at the same time. Like someone who just decided to speak, after a month of silence. His British (bRiStIsH) accent showing.

      Slightly flustered, I just nodded and led him downstairs. Going into the kitchen, I saw my mom and Ms. Liverpool talking. Sitting at the table, I quickly finished the pancakes and eggs my mom had made. Placing my dishes in the sink, I turned around to see Ms. Liverpool. I swear my soul jumped out of my body.

'Hi, sweetheart! I'm sorry for scaring you. Your mom has told me a lot about you, and your dream to be a fashion designer and model. I could hook you up with a friend of mine. She is pretty well known and could give you a few tips and tricks for the industry." She said. Her voice was soothing but still held that authoritative undertone to it.

'Thank you, Ms. Liverpool. I would be very grateful for the help.' I said smiling brightly. Fashion was one of the many things I was passionate about.

'You're such a sweet girl. I hope Trent treats you right.' she said pulling me into a hug.

'What does that mean?' I asked, into her shoulder, quite curious to know what she meant and what she and my mother discussed.

'You'll find out, in due time, sweetheart.' She said giving me a motherly look and then a playful wink.

I walked into the living room, looking for Trent, to just find my mother.

'He's waiting for you by the front door. Have fun!' she said suggestively. What is with mothers today?

Walking out, I met him leaning against the porch's rail.

'Ready to go?' I asked.

He ignored me, walking down the steps and onto the sidewalk.

'Well, aren't you coming? This tour isn't going to guide itself you know..' He said, looking back at me.

I ran down the stairs to catch up with him. Rude, I quietly whispered to myself.

'What did you say?' He asked.

'Nothing!' I squeaked out, noting how sharp his ears were

'Yeah right.' he said sarcastically. I only knew it was sarcasm, because of how much my friend Daniella used it. I sighed inwardly, realizing today was gonna be a very long day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikki...

Don't forget to vote and comment! :)