Story 3B

Roughly a week after Story 5A..

Neorch softly hummed as he typed onto his PDA. He had been texting Astarte since she was away with her business, whichever that may be as he never asked, and had thought of something.

M4DN3SS V.2 OS

~

Hey,

Read 4:22 pm

Yes?

Read 4:24 pm

Can you come to my office when you're done

With... Whatever?

Read 4:24 pm

Sure. I'll be there.

Read 4:31 pm

Cool. See you soon.

Read 4:32 pm 

 See you.

~ Read 4:32pm

He softly sighed in relief as he set the PDA down, turning to focus on the PC at his desk. He had finally gotten around to replacing all the terminals in the base with actual computers, mostly so that Evelyn would stop nagging him about it.

After about 21 minutes, he heard the hydraulic door open. He looked up, his face instantly brightening as he saw Astarte walk in. "Hey." He smiled, giving a little wave to her. "Hi." Astarte walked in as if she owned the place (because she technically did), and sat on his desk with a soft sigh. She stretched, her back popping softly. "So, what's this about?"

"Stupidly enough, your ex." Neorch softly sighed. He saw Astarte stiffen for a second. "..Okay." She looked at him, her eyes seeming to flicker for a second. "Don't worry, it's not what you think. I'm pretty sure he was a spy."

"A.. Spy?" She curiously raised an eyebrow, her posture softening as she calmed down a bit. "What makes you think that?"

Neorch shrugged, softly sighing. "A lot of things. From the moment you met him-"

"He was a bitch?" She sighed in annoyance. "Get to the point."

He chuckled softly. "He did a lot of things that were out of place, even for someone being an abusive boyfriend. He tried assassinating you for crying out loud. With decent knife-throwing skills, too."

"But why didn't he kill me sooner, then?" She sighed, bringing a hand to her chin in thought. Neorch shrugged, raising his hands. "He was a really bad assassin? He got attached?"

"He- He wasn't that bad, I.." Neorch smoothly cut her off, much against his will. "He hurt you, hun. A lot. You have the scars to prove it." He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I'm about 90% certain he's a spy."

As he said that, the PDA buzzed. He picked it up, reading the alert. "..You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

M4DN3SS V.2 OS

~

Report:

The village known as "Freedom" to the locals was discovered as a Company coverup by Knight Squadron "Omega-Delta". A small militia-size force of Company troopers was found holding a base of operations underneath their government building.
Any and all people claimed from that village are assumed to be Company troopers to some degree.

He sighed, rubbing his eyes as he set it down. He was silent as he saw Astarte pick it up and read it.

"That's.. That's the town we met Robert in, right?" She slowly looked at him. She slowly let the PDA drop back onto the desk in her shock.

"Yyyyyep. We've both been." He groaned, rubbing his eyes. His grip tightened as his body glowed with green energy for a second in his barely handled rage. The room shuddered for a second as he felt Astarte slams her fist into the office's hardened brick-and-steel wall. "God DAMMIT-"

He sighed, slowly standing. "Welp. I, uh. I'll take care of this." His PDA buzzed again. He looked at it, picking it up. He read the message from Gloria out loud. "Hey Captain, I have word from the Company again. Astarte's little ex just finished his report on you guys, and a raid is going to happen soon. Should be a big one, I've never seen the place lit up like this. I'm being called back to the Company base for safekeeping. I'll keep tabs on them." He gave a small smile as he finished reading. He looked to Astarte, who stared back. "..So, that means that... We have double confirmation on Robert being a spy. And that the Company is about to attack."

He smirked in response. "Looks like retribution is coming sooner than we thought." He watched Astarte's smile slowly grow. And he didn't need Gloria to know her soul's heart was excited for the coming events.

Revenge is coming soon.

I cannot wait to see my ex again.

You're not getting away this time.