josh

You begged her to stop. "Please, stop hanging out with Josh, everyone assumes you both are together." You showed her your phone but she completely disregarded it. She pushed past you and put her things down on the counter.

You approached her and grabbed her shoulders to try and get her attention but she nearly hit you. "You're pissing me off and I just got home," Hailee exclaimed.

"Haiz, people think you're dating hi-" 

She abruptly cut you off by saying, "And if I am?! Because you know I'm not, so you don't need to worry!"

You talked back, "But I don't want people thinking my girl is someone else's, specifically his. No hate to him but he's mi-"

She cut you off again, "He isn't mid, don't say that about my friend," she shouted.

Your eyes welled up with tears as you felt your nose tingle. "Then why don't you date him," you yelled back.

She shouted once again, "Maybe I will!"

You froze and it felt as if time did too. Hailee didn't try apologizing, she just quietly stared at the ground. "I'll go pack my bags," you mumbled as you walked away.

okay the end! jkkk if u want a happyish ending, keep scrolling

tw, happiness

Hailee hesitantly called you back. "Y/N/N! I just... I don't know how people will take it if I come out, I don't wanna receive backlash... I don't want you to receive more backlash."

You slowly walked back over to her. "You know, it hurts? He thinks you both are a thing, I've seen how he acts, but it hurts when other people are trying to get the woman you love with a man they love... because I'm scared you'll start loving him too," you confessed.

Hailee grabbed your hands and promised, "Never. Now, how about we try talking about coming out before we do it, hm?" You nodded.