Chapter 3: Hands and Popsicles

[Coach Ukai's's point of view]

Coach Ukai: "Alright, go on home now guys. Get some rest for tomorrow."
They all get around to go. It's getting a little darker. Y/n needs someone to walk home with her.
Coach Ukai: " Hey, Y/n, what direction do you live?"
Y/n: "Generally speaking, I live that direction." She gestures to the northwest area. Tsukishima and Tadashi live in that direction. "Why do you ask?"
Coach Ukai: "Hold on." I turn toward Tsukishima and Tadashi. " Tsukishima, Tadashi, I need to ask you two to walk Y/n home."

[Yamaguchi's point of view]

Coach, Ukai: "... I need to ask you two to walk Y/n home. It's getting dark, so I think it would be safer for one of you to walk her to her house."
Yamaguchi: "You got it, Coach!"
Kei: "'Kay."
Coach Ukai: "Good. Keep her safe boys."
Yamaguchi: "You bet!" I turn to Y/n. "Shall we go, Y/n?" I say, bowing in a joking manner.
Kei gives me a scowl. I give him a look that says, 'Relax, I'm just messing around.' He sighs.
Y/n: "We shall." She responds, playing along.
She curtsies, and we all start to make our way to our houses. She walks between the two of us, and grabs both of our hands, swinging her arms back and forth with ours.
Y/n: "You guys are great friends. Thanks."
Yamaguchi: "No problem! It's what friends do!"
I look over to Kei. He seems pretty flustered. His face looks like a tomato. He's fallen so hard for this girl.

[Tsukishima's point of view]

Her hand... She's holding my hand! My stomach feels like it's all tied up in knots! Her hands are so small and soft. No! That was weird! What am I thinking?! I've got to calm down! Otherwise, my heart's gonna beat out of my chest!

[Yamaguchi's point of view]

Yamaguchi: "Well, this is my street. See you guys!"
I wave goodbye and Kei gives me a look that cries out, 'What do I do?!' I walked past him and whisper,
Yamaguchi: "Chill out man. She's just a girl."
I walk a little further.
Y/n: "See you later, Yamaguchi!"
Yamaguchi: "See you guys!"
I give Kei a thumbs up. You can do it!

[Y/n's point of view]

Y/n: "See you later, Yamaguchi!"
Yamaguchi: "See you guys!"
He gives Tsuki a thumbs up.
Y/n: "What was the thumbs up for?" I ask, turning to Tsuki.
Tsuki: "N-nothing! He's just being weird."
His cheeks are so red! Is he okay?
Y/n: "You good? Your face is really red."
Tsuki: "I-it's just kinda warm today. I'm fine."
Y/n: "Oh, okay. Glad you're doing alright."
I give his hand a squeeze. His hand is so big. His hand feels really strong, but he's so gentle. Tsuki is a really sweet guy. I can just tell. I look up at his face and see that he's still really red.

[Taukishima's point of view]

L/n: "Oh, okay. Glad you're doing alright."
I feel her squeeze my hand. She makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside that I can't think straight!
Y/n: "Do you want to go get a popsicle at the convenience store with me? Maybe that'll help you cool off."
Tsukishima: "Okay."

[Y/n's point of view]

We go over to the store and I get a (favorite popsicle flavor) popsicle and Tsuki gets a strawberry popsicle.
Y/n: "You got strawberry?"
He nods.
Y/n: "I got (f/f). Hey, should we eat them on the bench outside the store?"
Tsuki: "Okay."

[Tsukishima's point of view]

We sit down on the bench outside the convenience store. I opened up my popsicle, and Y/n did the same. She took a bite of hers.
Y/n: "Cold!" She exclaimed, holding the piece in her mouth.
She eventually started to hum as she ate her popsicle. She kicked her legs back and forth as she swayed slightly. Cute.

[No one's point of view]

Tsukishima was too distracted by Y/n and his fluttering heart to remember to eat his popsicle. He was hypnotized. His cheeks lightly dusted with pink as he watched her enjoy her treat. Y/n noticed his melting popsicle and looked up to his face. When she saw his eyes on her, she felt heat crawl up to her cheeks. She looked away in embarrassment.

[Tsukishima's point of view]

She looks up at me and her cheeks get red with embarrassment. Cute. She looks down into her lap and mumbles,
Y/n: "Your popsicle's melting."
I shake my head, coming back to reality.
Tsukishima: "Oh, you're right."
I lick it a few times so it doesn't make a mess.

[Y/n's point of view]

Why was Tsuki looking at me? Do I have something on my face? Why am I so bothered by this? He just looked at me. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Right? I shouldn't be so flustered! So, why am I?! What should I do?! Calm down! Deep breath. Just act normal.

[Tsukishima's point of view]

Why was she so embarrassed all of a sudden? I look over to see her wiping her face. Did she have something on her face? I didn't notice. She doesn't need to be embarrassed about it. She does look super cute though.

[No one's point of view]

They finished their popsicles in silence. Once they both finished, they continued on their way to Y/n's house. By now, the sky was getting increasingly dimmer. It got comfortably cool, but it wasn't too chilly. A warm breeze blew in from the southwest as they walked.
Y/n: "Oh, that feels nice." Y/n sighed contentedly as she took a deep breath. "Don't you think?"
She scooped up his hand as they walked side by side together. However, unlike last time, Y/n entwined her fingers with his. Tsukishima's breathing hitched and his face grew hot at the sudden development. On the outside, he kept up the appearance of being calm and composed the best he could, which wasn't very well. On the inside he was a mess. His heart beat wildly, and he was blushing uncontrollably. His feelings were the most confusing of all. He was so nervous he almost couldn't bare it, but was so giddy he struggled to hold back a huge grin from forming on his face. He was so embarrassed he just wanted to run away, but somehow, through all his jumbled up emotions, he felt a peace and calm like nothing else that made him want to stay like that with her forever. However, unfortunately, all things must come to an end, and this was no exception. The two of them did eventually make it to Y/n's house and they said their goodbyes.

[Y/n's point of view]

Y/n: "Thanks for walking me home, Tsuki."
Tsuki: "Oh, uh, no problem."
He looks kind of disappointed. To be honest, so am I. Today was so much fun. I wish it didn't have to end.
Y/n: "I'll see you tomorrow, Tsuki!"
I give him a big bear hug. I think I surprised him.
Y/n: "Bye!" I say waving as I walk up the steps and into my house.

[No one's point of view]

Tsukishima stood there in shock for a few seconds after Y/n's surprise hug. After she got to her steps and waved goodbye, so did he, and after she shut the door, he lingered there for a moment before heading home. He smiled the whole way back.