You're looking like a stranger part IV

A.N: I advise you to listen to the song "Perfect" by Hedley, which is a depiction of Jared's state of mind in the upcoming chapter and to the song "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles to understand Ana's weakness.
Thank you so much for sticking with me. I love you.

And now enough of me talking let's give you the new part. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think!
Fanny.

__________________________

"When is he picking you up?" Cassidy asks as Analyne re-enters the room.

"He shouldn't be long now he said he would come around 6pm. Here," she hands her colleague a file, "seems like our Charlotte Dill was not an angel. She got arrested in Minnesota for drug dealing twice and once in Michigan."

"Do you think some old scores could have been settled?"

"I am not a fan of this hypothesis but we've got to explore all possibilities. Anything new on the boyfriend?"

"Yes! His name is André Machovic, 33. He is a rep for a photocopier company. I told Arden to send him a summons for tomorrow 9am."

"We may know more tomorrow then."

A knock on the door. Cleo, the receptionist, sticks her head into the office "Is Miss Analyne Reine here?"

Cassidy points towards her friend "Who is asking for her?"

"Hum..." the receptionist looks down at the Post-it she has in hands and then at Ana, "Mister Leto. He is waiting for you in the hall."

"Thank you Cleo," Analyne puts her phone and wallet in her purse, "tell him I'll be there in a minute."

When the young woman lifts her eyes up again she watches the door close and notices that Cassidy is not in the room anymore.

Oh no... I hope Jared is ready for a sermon. Ana mentally sighs as she switches off the office lights and walks towards the hall.

Jared is silently listening to Cassidy. Ana cannot hear what she says and when she is finally within earshot the brunette stops and both she and Jared turn towards Ana.

Cassidy gives the singer one last hard look and kisses her friend on the cheek before leaving the two of them together.

"Analyne" Jared greets her in a prudish way.

"Jared" she answers.

He tentatively offers her his arm to lead her out of the building. No words are exchanged between the two of them. She shakes her head no and follows him out of the building to his car. The atmosphere is heavy and electric and the ride to the restaurant Jared chose seems to be never ending.

The young woman is anxious, she still wonders why she called Jared yesterday night. Couldn't I just stay away from my phone? Why must I call him? Most awkward car ride ever.

"Here we are."

Her train of thoughts is interrupted by Jared's sweet voice. If you only knew how much I have missed your voice she thinks to herself before unbuckling her seatbelt and getting out of the car.

A waiter leads them to their table at the back of the restaurant. A soft violet light glows and envelops the quiet booth.

Silently they order their meal. Still not a single word has been exchanged yet.

"This is going to be hard," Analyne murmurs.

"I - I" Jared stutters "I have brought something."

From a bag he has been carrying and that Analyne did not notice before, Jared pulls up a wrapped box and an envelope.

"Jared, this -"

"Please Analyne take them." He pleads.

Jared's eyes are full of concern and he awkwardly tries to smile to her.

"Alright," Analyne whispers and she opens the envelope, "seriously Jared?" she looks up and giggles. "How did you know I wanted a body painting session?"

"I may have had the complicity of somebody for this one." Jared replies still gauging her every reaction, trying to understand her and adapt his behavior.

Ana's smile fades away and she sighs, "we need to talk about the baby, Jared."

He does not let her speak and begins another sentence, "I know I've fucked up Ana," she gives him a dark look and he immediately corrects himself "sorry, Analyne -"

"Yes you did Jared and I tell you once again, we are over and whatever we decide about the baby is not going to bring us back together."

Jared nods and keeps on listening to the beautiful lady in front of him.

"I don't really know if I want to keep the baby, Jared." She pauses, "I mean I would have loved to have your baby but now..." Tears gather in her icy-blue eyes as she recalls what brought them apart.

"Everything is different now," he finishes her sentence. "Listen Analyne," he takes her hand which she surprisingly doesn't slide away from his, "this baby is a blessing. I am not trying to use it to get you back. Of course I still love you with all my heart but -"

Analyne gasps.

"Let me finish please, it isn't easy to say. I love you Analyne, and I have understood that you and I are over it isn't easy to accept but I respect your choice and I would have done the same. You aren't even close to imagining how much I want to slap me in the face when I remember what I've done. But what is done is done and I cannot change the past."

Jared rushes. It seems like so many words are hurrying to get out of his mouth. It is unusual for him to be as disturbed as he is now. It is like he cannot master his brain and he just lets the words flow out of his mouth.

The waiter arrives with their meals: Vegan Avocado carbonara for Jared and Tuna tomato quiche for Ana.

When the waiter is out of earshot, Jared starts again, "the truth is I will support you whatever your choice is."

Analyne swallows the first mouthful of the quiche and asks, "but what do you want Jared? I need your help on that matter."

"I want this baby," he plunges his intense stare into her eyes. "But it is your body that is going to change not mine. It is you who is going to suffer for the following months not me. I already love this little -"

"Blueberry" she interrupts him.

"Blueberry?" he asks astonished.

"Yes that is how Cassidy called it."

"Let's go for Blueberry then," he smiles purely, "I feel like I already love Blueberry."

"Yeah me too," Analyne sighs and a tear strolls down her left cheek.

"Hey, don't cry" Jared rummages in his head. He needs to find something to bring a smile back on her face. Suddenly it clicks, "you haven't opened the second gift, here," he hands her the box which was on the floor next to the table.

"This one is for Blueberry," he adds.

"Would you like desert?" the waiter interrupts them.

Ana shakes her head, "No thank you."

"Me neither," Jared answers the waiter.

They pay and exit the restaurant. Once outside Jared opens the passenger's door to his car and helps Ana climb in his Ford Bronco.

"You still haven't opened the gift," Jared says as he drives out of the restaurant's parking lot which is only 3 blocks away from Ana's place.

The young woman picks up the box, places it on her lap and tears the wrapping paper only to discover a cute white sleep sack with red hems and on it, is written 'I love my mommy'.

Ana gasps, "Thank you Jared."

At this very moment she is happy. She wants to hug the singer but she won't, the memory of him and the redhead is still too vivid in her mind.

He has been a terrible boyfriend but she must be true to herself and admit that, yes, Jared will be a good father, she senses it.