You're looking like a stranger Part 5

"So you've made your decision ?" the gorgeous brunette asks as she takes a bite of the apple pie Ana backed the night before.

"About?"

"Blueberry."

"Oh, hm, Jared and I, we've talked a lot these past few days about the baby and we have decided that whatever the situation is right now between the two of us, Blueberry has been conceived in love. And we will make the best out of ourselves to make him/her happy."

"Blueberry will be running to her auntie Cassidy's place whenever you make her cry soon then," the brunette grins.

"Why are you so sure it will be a girl?" Ana asks as she whirls her hair ends around her fingers.

"I don't know, I just sense it," Cass grins and in a head movement she indicates Ana that lunch break is over and they must go back to work.

_____

"So let me sum it all up. The victim is Charlotte Dill, 29, her trunk and arms have been found in a garbage can near the river and the head has been fished out the sewer a couple of days later. She has been reported missing since January 2nd. The night before, she was supposedly at a New Year's party with her best friend, Miss Dawn, and her boyfriend André Machovic, 33."

"Right, but Mr Machovic said he dropped Charlotte at her place around 6am." Analyne adds.

"And the medical examiner placed the time of death between 6:30 and 7:30," says Arden who is sitting on the corner of Cassidy's desk, "she should have begun her workday at 8am."

"Her apartment seems to be the crime scene. Forensic discovered a pool of blood in the living room and bloodstains in the kitchen. Samples have been sent to the laboratory and they are analyzing it at the moment."

"I think we will soon be able to clarify all of this."

"I agree," says Arden, "I have picked up a Parliament cigarette butt from Miss Dawn's interview and sent it to the lab. I asked them to make comparison in case the blood reveals to be this of a female assailant."

"That's a good initiative Arden!" Ana gives the young man a pat on the back and leaves the office.

"So what are your plans tonight?" Cass asks when Ana comes back in the room.

"I was supposed to have dinner with Jared but he just canceled saying he had a business meeting that would be running late in the night so I suppose I am free."

"Great!" the brunette takes her purse, "come on then, Arden is waiting for us in his car. Funfair night, you coming?"

"I'm in!" Analyne grins and both of them storm out of the office.

She has always loved funfair, cotton candy, merry-go-round, swing ride, coin pusher were a few of her favorite things.

"You know, I am generally the one who never wants to leave a funfair right?" she asks as she climbs into the backseat of Arden's car, "I just wanted to give you the heads up, so that you know what you're getting yourself into."

She laces her arms around the young man behind the wheel's shoulder and kisses his cheek.

"Okay" he hesitantly says. Arden himself is surprised by the blonde's gesture; she never had been this 'intimate' with him before. They were only coworkers on friendly terms. "It doesn't make me change my mind. We are going all together."

Mid-February funfairs are different from summer funfair. Not that there are a lot of snow in California but in this time of the year there aren't many over tanned bimbos with plastic boobs milling about in bikinis. Ana always has felt uncomfortable and self-conscious around such people.