Chapter 1

This continues on from the timeskip in The Hardest Thing. Also, in this story Polly will remember Anne, as Anne gave Sprig her phone (which had all the videos and photos that they recorded) and it's pretty hard to forget someone if you see their face every day on a statue in the middle of your community. Both my gender headcanons and general headcanons may be different from others. I will be referring to the characters as their given gender (sorry for those who like to give certain characters they/them pronouns). I headcanon Sasha as bi and Anne and Marcy as lesbian. Sashannarcy later on?

Sasha

"Happy birthday, Anne!" 

Today is Anne's 23rd birthday. We've come a long way since Amphibia and we've all grown, but some things never change. We're all still together. It's been a while and we have jobs now. Well, everyone apart from Marcy that is - she draws webcomics online. Does that count? I'm still not sure. I got a psychology degree and now work as a therapist, and Anne now works as a herpetologist. It suits her. She even designed the amphibian section in the Aquarium of the Pacific after Amphibia and named a little pink South American Tree Frog after Sprig! 

We bring out the presents and I can't stop myself from laughing as Anne pulls a face and brings us into a hug. "You guys! You didn't have to get me presents!"

I just smirk at her and say, "Oh, yes we did Boonchuy. Yes we did."

As Anne unwraps the presents we start talking about our jobs and what we want to do with our lives in the future. Terri called us earlier and said the portal has managed to open up, if only slightly. She said it was like when they first tried to open the portal 10 years ago, though she isn't sure about why it started working just now. Something about the calamity gems' destruction making it so that the portal couldn't be reopened? Eh, probably nothing. We might actually have a chance at getting back to Amphibia! Though last time they only managed to do it thanks to Anne's heart calamity gem powers. Anne then unwraps the final present and starts crying. It's a little sprig plushie, perfect down to the last detail.

"Awww... Thanks, you guys," tears are streaming down her face, but she's still smiling. "I miss him." Me and Marcy share a knowing look, and we start comforting her. Marcy puts a hand on Anne's knee. "Anne, we know how you feel. I miss Olivia and Yunan so much, and Sasha misses Grime even more than I miss my found family." I join Anne and start crying very lightly; can't let them know I'm going soft on them! Marcy then rambles on about how much she loves the found family trope and Anne joins in.

"You guys ready for the first sleepover we've had in, what, 10 years?" I have to constantly remind them that we came to Anne's place for a sleepover, as they're getting carried away in their conversations. I know we haven't seen Marcy in a while but come on, people! I mean, it has somehow shifted from the found family trope to what type of dolphins live in the aquarium - how on Earth has that happened??? Marcy looks up and smiles while Anne punches the air.  "Oh, heck yeah!"

I can't help but smile to myself. I wonder if it will be like this forever, 'cause I sure as heck hope so! This is the perfect night for a sleepover as well. It's raining outside and there's a soft glow basking the city. What could go wrong?

Sprig

Ten whole years. Ten whole years since Anne first arrived in Amphibia.

I sit down next to her statue and get ready for my speech. Hop Pop and Polly are sitting next to me, talking about improvements Polly could make to her tech to improve farming efficiency. She's renowned all over Amphibia for being an expert in tech and for helping Anne - or as she's sometimes called, The Savior - defeat King Andrias and The Core. Ten years and still not used to Polly being a tech whiz. She's managed to recreate human phones just by examining the phone Anne gave to me all those years ago! Talk about being a fast learner.