Chapter 9

Happy Halloween for those that celebrate it! I originally wanted to post this on Halloween, but I was busy. Anyways, enjoy, and thanks for 200 views, it means a lot!

--------------------------------------

Sasha

Me and Grime talked for a while, then he showed me the way to Percy and Braddock. After we caught up (and I apologised), I went back to regroup with the others. I'm currently in a good mood, since Percy and Braddock accepted my apology, but I wonder what the other two are feeling. I know Marcy probably has a lot to say to a certain newt.

"Where do you think they are?" I look around the town square, waiting for Anne and Marcy. Grime is talking to some of the townsfolk and shrugs, not really listening to me. I groan and find somewhere to sit.

Anne walks into the area, talking to Sprig. She spots me, waves, and runs with Sprig right behind her. He then spots Ivy and rushes towards her, leaving Anne and me alone. Anne's eyes follow him for a moment, then she turns back to me.

"How was catching up with Grime?" Anne asks. I look at Grime and allow myself to smile. "Great! Did you know that Grime is helping homeless amphibians? Oh, I also gave him the dagger I mentioned earlier."

"Did he like it?"

"You bet! Y'know, it's nice talking to him after all this time. Sure, there's a lot we've missed out on, but what's important is that we're actually here." 

"I agree. It's the same for me and the Plantars, especially Sprig. I missed him so much, but you guys already know that. You never realise how much you love someone until you leave them or they leave you." She glances in my direction for a second, then she looks around the town square. "When's Marcy gonna get here?"

Right on cue, Marcy walks up to us. "Hi guys! Whatcha talking about?" 

Anne answers her. "Nothing much, just talking about what it's like catching up with our families. Sorry, found families. What was it like talking with Olivia and Yunan?"

"It was great! They have this cute little cottage near the outskirts of the village! Though on the inside they somehow managed to make it look like a mini palace, which is impressive seeing as though there's not much space inside. They even have a painting that's probably worth a few thousand to a few million coppers! Don't get me started on their rooms..."

I ask her, "What about Andrias?" 

"Oh, it was fine. He lives pretty far out, and he has this small farm. Nothing much." She tries to brush off the question, and it works. I nod my head and I notice something's off, but I decide not to pressure her into telling us. "Alright. So, what should we do next?"

Marcy shrugs and Anne looks around. "Maybe we could stay here a bit longer then visit other places around Amphibia? Don't get me wrong, I love it here it Wartwood, but there are other places we've helped and gained a reputation in, and we should let them know that we're back. Plus, Sprig told me about a new continent, so we could explore that."

That last part instantly gets Marcy's attention, and she starts shaking Anne. "A new continent? YOU. NEED. TO. TELL. ME. EVERYTHING." Anne laughs and starts telling Marcy everything she knows about the new continent at the moment.

This also surprises me, but honestly not that much. We've been through crazier things. How does fighting a moon sound? What about dealing with a frog invasion led by a king with parental issues and a thousand-year-old eye monster that possessed our friend? Anyway, I agree with Anne. We should go outside of Wartwood in a few days.

I see Polly and Hopediah walk into the town square. Speaking of which, Polly looks good as a frog! It'll probably take a while to get used to that though. Marcy is still shaking Anne and the elderly Plantar notices this. He calmly walks towards her and pulls a shovel out of seemingly nowhere.

"Stranger, please stop shaking my granddaughter or I will have to use this shovel on you." Marcy stops shaking Anne then looks around and points to herself in a questioning manner while me and Anne start laughing like crazy.

"HP, there's no need! It's just Marcy! And where did you get that shovel from?" Anne says between shaky breaths, still laughing. Hop Pop looks surprised then realises that the 'stranger' in front of him was indeed Marcy.

"Oh, sorry. You look very different with the long hair. And the shovel is just one of the perks of being a farmer."

Anne raises an eyebrow. "You didn't answer the question." Hop Pop replies with, "And the question doesn't need to be answered. Anyway, I came here to talk about living arrangements for the time being. You lot can stay in our basement, just don't touch any of Sprig's stuff. He's converted it into a study."

Now it's Marcy's turn to laugh. "That... sounds so wrong, but I know what you mean. Thanks, Hop Pop!" The frog smiles and goes back in the direction he came from. "You're welcome! But you're all grown up, so feed yourselves!" He continues walking while me, Marcy and Anne all trade looks.

"Well, that was interesting."

"No kidding!"

"Guys, HP means well, but he's right. We're adults, not kids anymore, so we should be expected to look after ourselves." As usual, Anne's being the responsible one. Before we can say anything though, she's looking at the entrance of Wartwood.

There's a smallish orange newt that I don't think I've seen before. "Who's that?" Marcy and Anne look just as confused as me and they both say, "I don't know," at the same time. The newt notices us looking at them, and they get an awestruck look on their face.

They're shouting something that we can't hear at first, but as they run towards us, we make out what they're saying. "ohmyfrog ohmyfrogOHMYFROGGGGGG!!!" They look at us, really excited.

"Hi! I'm a big fan of you guys, especially Marcy! My names River, and I'm male, if you couldn't tell. You have no idea how much I've wanted to meet you, and now I'm here! This is so cool!"

Marcy has a happy and surprised look on her face. "Really? I'm your favourite?" The newt nods vigorously. Me and Anne step back and give them some space to talk. I wonder where this is going to go.

-------------------------------------------------

River has met the Calamity Trio! I tried to get this out earlier, but my computer wasn't working with me.