Messy Reveal

A/N; I am trying so hard to write a coherent story out of the mess that was previously written you guys will have to bear with me and go along with it no matter how batshit crazy it seems I swear it all ties back.. except for the cream, the cream has little to no plot relevance I just felt like continuing with it

Ink's POV

"Your eyes.. when did they stop doing that thing?" Cross asked.

He'd been staring at me from the moment we stepped into the living room, Killer had noticed something too because he'd also started staring. I figured it was because they expected me to break the silence that followed because of what happened earlier on, but..

"What do you mean?" I asked cautiously, reaching up and gently tapping around my eye sockets.

"The.. the blinking thingy, your eyes change shape every time you blink, right?" He pointed out.

Killer gasped before speaking, "Ohh yeah, they're not doing that anymore!"

"What?"

They'd.. stopped changing shape? I mean, it wasn't too big of a deal, I never really thought about them too often anyway, but why?

"Maybe it's to do with you no longer being around Dream?" Cross suggested.

Killer scoffed, plopping himself down on the sofa. "That's stupid, he's been away from Dream for like.. at least three months now, right? Would'a happened way earlier than this."

Cross only responded by rolling his eyes and sitting down next to Killer. He seemed upset by his idea being shot down so easily.

"Speaking of Dream.." I began, deciding to stay standing.

I didn't plan on staying with them for too long, I had things I needed to ask Error and who knows how long that could take.

"Yeah, speaking of Dream.." Killer grinned, nudging Cross.

"Stop it! You really think this is the time for me to ask about that?!" Cross hissed, gently pushing Killer away from him.

"You act like stuff isn't gonna get worse soon, this is gonna be, like, the best time to ask about it."

"Oh, stop that! You don't know for sure if things will get worse, you're just thinking of the worst possible ways this could go."

What were they talking about now?

"Worse?" I asked.

The pair turned to face me, displaying highly differing expressions. Cross seemed worried about something, and Killer was.. well, Killer. He was grinning widely at me as if nothing was out of the ordinary, as if Nightmare hadn't struck him inside of the room.

"Killer thinks that Nightmare's planning to steal your Soul or something." He explained.

"I don't think, I know! You heard what Dust said!" Killer retorted.

What Dust said..? Had Dust found something out? If so.. why had he hidden it from me? I'd asked him if he knew anything not even three days ago and he claimed to know nothing. Unless he'd also been threatened to keep things from me.. but I didn't see him as the type to care if he was threatened.

"What did Dust say?"

"Oh, Dust said he found like a bunch of different papers on Nightmare's desk about uh.. what was it.." Killer began, trailing off.

"Soul Transference." Cross finished.

Killer nodded, leaning onto Cross. "Yeah, that! He's definitely planning something with your Soul, Ink! Why else would he be looking into-"