Chapter 1 "We're Fucked.."

You wake up to your phone blowing up, in a sleepy stir you pick up your phone, staring in confusion at the seven missed calls from "ViVi 🐀". You quickly answer the next call that pops up, still half-asleep.
"Hm?" You mumble, putting your phone on speaker, sitting up and getting out of bed.
"Y/N!!!!!" You wince at the yell, glaring at your phone.
"Jesus Viv- calm down.." You mumble. "I just woke up, what's up?" You say louder, almost fully awake as you stand up and stretch.
"Oh-" Vivienne mumbles, very obviously attempting to calm her excitement. "I found the address for our investigation tomorrow, we should meet and talk about it over lunch~!" She says eccentrically, waiting for a response.
"Lunch-?" You mumble, looking up at the clock, you had slept in longer than usual. You shrug, picking up your phone. "Sure, see you in 10." You quickly say, hanging up before she can drag on the call.

You let out a small yawn, walking towards your closet and pulling out your favorite band shirt, along with a pair of ripped jeans and some beat up sneakers. You quickly snatch your bag and camera, just in case you wanted to film some scenes for your new video.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You get out of your car, glancing at you and Vivienne's favorite coffee shop. You waste no time, heading in and seeing Vivienne, who quickly waves you over.

"Hey, Viv-" You say with a smile, sitting across from her in a little booth.
"Hey Y/N-!" She beams back happily, handing you the menu. "I already ordered some milkshakes, so they should be here any second." She says with an almost mischievous smile that is rewarded by a suspicious look from you.
"So, about the investigation tomorrow?" You say quietly, trying to start a conversation.
She nods. "Yeah, I found this place that's about an hour from here." She says more seriously.
"That's convenient." You mumble, watching as the waitress drops off two milkshakes.
Vivienne nods In response, pulling out her phone and showing you a photo of a decrepit church. "That doesn't look very holy." You say sarcastically, sipping on your milkshake.

She chuckles. "Yeah, It's the old abandoned church, stopped doing sermons in the 50's." She says proudly, she was always happy to look like the smart one.
"Place is haunted?" You ask bluntly, nodding your head towards the photo of the place.
"Yeah, there are rumors that people do satanic rituals there, but they haven't had anyone break in since the 80's." She quickly responds, chugging her milkshake.
You nod in response, thinking about what could happen there. "Any other sightings, or stuff like that?"
Vivienne gains a serious look, nodding softly. "Yeah, people have seen shadow figures and almost everyone that has gone there has had a life-changing experience, apparently-" She quickly adds at the end, almost not believing it.
"Okay, we gonna spend the night, or what?" You ask curiously, pushing away your empty milkshake.
"Mhm-! We're gonna get there around 9pm tomorrow, and we'll stay till 6am, or whenever we get sick of the place." She says with a chuckle.
"Sick." You say with a lazy smile, glancing at the clock in the back of the coffee shop. "Can I spend the night at your place tonight, just to save time-" You say, tilting your head.
"Of course, we can also check our equipment, I think most of it is already at my place." She adds.

You both nod and stand up, paying the bill and heading towards Vivienne's apartment down the road, talking about random stuff and the equipment you would bring.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Later that night Vivienne waves goodnight to you, leaving you to sleep on the couch. You were left with your thoughts, even feeling a little excited about the investigation tomorrow. You quickly drifted to sleep, trying to get some rest before your little trip tomorrow.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You wake up the next morning to Vivienne, making coffee and scrolling on her phone, sitting in the kitchen. You quickly sit up, letting out a little yawn and checking the time, it was 12pm.

"Morning, Vivi." You mumble, rubbing the sleep from your eyes and getting up, walking to the kitchen and making yourself a cup of coffee.
"Morning Y/N." She mumbles, seemingly also half asleep.
After both of you finish your coffee, you painfully wait for the caffeine to kick in, standing up and stretching a little bit. "When are we leaving?" You ask, turning towards Vivienne.
"Probably around 5:30, it's about an hour drive." She says quickly, obviously affected by the caffeine lile a 7 year old on a sugar rush.
"Alright, we should start packing our shit, choose what equipment we're gonna take, kay?" You say with a yawn, walking over to the closet full of "Ghost Hunting" equipment.
Vivienne nods, grabbing some equipment and shoving it in her bag, along with some camera batteries and chargers. You on the other hand, grab an infered camera, which works like a night vision camera, a spirit box, a paranormal puck, an EMF reader, and some flashlights.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

GHOST HUNTING EQUIPMENT BREAKDOWN‼️‼️

Infered Camera: A night vision camera with a light that the human eye cannot detect.

Spirit Box: A small radio-like device that allows "spirits" to cycle through radio stations to find words or phrases to communicate.

Paranormal Puck: A small phone shaped device that allows the user to type in questions for the "spirit" to awnser, pretty much texting a ghost.

EMF Reader: A small device that lights up when detecting electromagnetic energy, in the order from less to most, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red.

(Hopefully y'all know what flashlights are 😭)
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After a few hours Vivienne and you carry your backpacks to her car, throwing them in the trunk along with a suitcase full of food, water, and a mix of both you and Vivienne's clothes.

It reaches 5:30 and you both get into the car, Vivienne pulling out the camera and recording as you drive.
"Hey Guys~! Welcome back, and if you're new, my name is Vivienne, and this is Y/N." She says happily, pointing the camera at you as you wave.
"Today we are going to a Satanic church, this place has been boarded up since the 50's and nobody has visited it since the 80's! Can you guys believe that-?" She speaks to the camera with an eccentric tone, clearly in her element.

After awhile you guys reach the town that the church is located in.
"Fuck, maps stopped working." You let out an annoyed groan, turning off the maps. "Thank god I looked up the town before we left-" You say with a small chuckle, Vivienne pointing the camera at you as you speak.

After about Fifteen minutes of clueless driving passed You looked in awe at the Gothic church that stood in front of your car, you couldn't deny how beautiful it was.
"This place looks sick-!" Vivienne yells as she turns her camera off and starts to gear up. You quickly join her, gearing up and throwing your backpack over you're shoulder, looking in awe, almost mesmerized by the place.
Even though you couldn't ignore the beauty of the place, you still couldn't shake off a bad feeling.
Vivienne, walks up behind you, pointing the camera at you.
"Anything you wanna say before we go in?" She asks.
"We're fucked." You mumble, looking back up at the decrepit building.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-