Prologue

Kamaria pressed the dial button for the millionth time this hour. Her and Jamiir had got into another fight and he had stormed off about 5 hours ago making her worried.It went to voicemail.Again. Kamaria's hand started to shake as her anxiety was getting the best of her.

She quickly grabs her coat and slips on her shoes rushing out of her apartment in an attempt to search for him. Her heart beats out of her chest as she searches frantically for him. She absentmindedly dials a different number and they immediately pick up.

"Hello?" Oakley answers. "Do you know where Jamiir is?" she says, still searching, scared out of her mind. "Nah...You ok though you seemed stressed out. "We got into a fight earlier and he's been gone for 5 fucking hours. He's only 16 he can''t be pulling shit like this" she says as her hands start to shake from worry. "Hey Maria calm down.He'll be back soon or later" he responds in an attempt to calm her down.

"I just got a bad feeling about today...I just want him safe" she says feeling more and more anxious. The pit in her stomach had her wanting to throw up. "I know that...Where you at right now?" he asks her. "I just crossed down west...Wait I think I see him,Imma call you back" she says abruptly ending the call and getting out of her car.

She starts to approach him when...

POP

POP

POP

Gunshots ring through the air and Kamaria feels her shoulder getting hot. She doesn't care about that though because Jamiir was nowhere to be found. She rips through the crowd barely hanging on until her heart plummets out of her chest.

Blood gushed out of Jahiir's chest as everyone around him just started not even daring to help the young boy. His eyes glossed over and Kamaria sprinted towards almost instantly picking him up and cradling his seemingly small body in her arms as her pain wasn't a evident feeling anymore.

He gurgles up dark puddles of red as Kamaria tries to get him to respond to her pleas. His final breath was labored and took Kamaria's soul out of her. "No..No No No...Wake up. Wake up Jamiir this isn't funny.WAKE UP" Kamaria starts to shouts as her shoulder still pours blood. She turns to the watching crowd. "Why are you just standing there! He's fucking dying!" she says as she starts to plead delusionally.

She turns back to his dead corpse cradling its face. "Please Jamiir.You can't leave me here" she says whispering to him. A force suddenly rips her away and she goes hysterical. "LET ME GO. LET ME GO" she screams not caring who the person is as she pounds on there chest.

"He's gone Kamaria" Fredo says as she continues to hit him. "No he isn't...He can't be." she says her face twisted in disbelief.

That day was the day her life fell apart

A/N

When you give in to your temptations...