I want us to be okay again too

Kamaria sat on her toilet seat as she wrapped her bloody thighs. She wiped her eyes hearing keys jingling at her front door. "Kam! Foods here!" Oakley shouts out. "Coming!" She shouts out trying to conceal the tears in her voice. She scrambles to put everything away and she quickly pulls on her jumper.

She quickly steps out of the bathroom after applying concealer under her eyes to get rid of the redness. She walks into the kitchen to be met with David and Cench unpacking the food they had brought back. She hugged Oakley from the side as she sat down at the kitchen island.

Dave playfully nudged her shoulder as she grabbed her laptop from her work bag. "Shut that shit off" Cench says passing her, her food and she smacks her teeth still typing away. He takes matters into his own hands, shutting the laptop by force and she pushes him away. "I'm working!" She says annoyed opening it back up and Cee smacks his teeth annoyed with her behavior.

Dave slips off to the bathroom as she ate very little of the food. Cench watched her absentmindedly making sure she ate enough as she continued to work not noticing the pair of eyes on her.

If only she knew how many nights he lost on her and her alone.

Kamaria's phone buzzes and she furrows her brows.

Fatass 🙄-Dave

Realist🤗-Kamaria

Fatass🙄

Bathroom.

Realist🤗

k.

Her eyes darted to the bathroom as she kissed Cench's cheek informing him she would be back. She walked into the bathroom which was unlocked for her heart to freeze.

There Dave stood with her bloody blade in hand as Kamaria immediately closed the door. "What the fuck Kam?" He says staring at her in disbelief as she tries to grab it from his hands but to no avail. "Give it back-No what the fuck!" Dave says whisper screaming at her and she suddenly becomes all to aware of her ex lover just in the other room.

"You have to promise not to tell him" Kamaria says finally meeting her best friends eyes and he shakes his head in disbelief. "That's what your worried about??" He says in shock and she shushs him. "Stop being so loud!" She says lowering her voice. Dave looks as if he is about to say something but he shuts his mouth taking a breath as to control his mouth.

"Let me see" he says calmly and she shakes her head. "I just want to make sure you're okay Maria-I am okay. You're overreacting" she says interrupting him and he shakes his head pointing to the blade now set on the counter. "You physically hurting yourself isn't okay. You're spiraling and you're bottling everything up like you always do!" he says, snapping at her making the girl slightly flinch.

His face softens as he lets out a sigh. "You have to tell him" he says in referral to Oakley who was still in the kitchen minding his business. "No. Hell no" she says shaking her head immediately. "If you don't tell him, I will" Dave says departing from the bathroom leaving the girl alone.

He's not going to do shit.

"You're so fine America." Jamiir says admiring his sister's best friend and the girl playfully rolled her eyes. "Kam go get your brother!" America shouts out laughing and Kamaria comes back in with her strawberry shortcake cookies. America immediately grabs one of the pink cookies as Kamaria flicks her little brother's hand. "Don't you have a girlfriend?" Maria replied sitting down and Jamiir shakes his head immediately. "I'll leave her so quick. You don't understand I NEED you America" he says overdramatically as he extends the last vowel in America's name.