Night One

Within a dimly lit elevator, a young man wearing a dark purple uniform looked forward at the elevator’s doors. “Welcome!” a loud voice came from the speaker startling the man. “Welcome to the first day of your exciting new career! Whether you were approached at a job fair, read our ad at Screws, Bolts, and Hairpins, or if this is the result of a dare, we welcome you. I will be your personal guide to help you get started. I’m a model 5 of the Handyman’s Robotics and Unit-Repair System, but you can call me Hand-Unit. Your new career promises challenge, intrigue, and endless janitorial opportunities.” From a hatch from the side of the Elevator, a monitor came out and moved in front of the young man. “Please enter your name as seen above the keypad. This cannot be changed later so please be careful.” “Ok,” the man typed his nickname Mike into the keypad. “It seems that you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will auto-correct it for you. One moment. Welcome: Eggs Benedict” Mike gave the monitor a confused look. “Seriously, I typed in Mike what the hell?” “You typed in Eggs Benedict” Mike groaned rolling his eyes. “Whatever Eggs it is.” The elevator soon came to a stop. “You can now open the elevator using that bright, red, and obvious button. Let’s get to work!” Mike looked to his right and pressed the button the elevator doors opened and Mike was met with police tape marked danger and a large open vent at the bottom of it. “Why is it marked danger?” Mike didn’t receive an answer. “Whatever” Mike rolled his eyes as he bent down and entered the vent. As Mike crawled through the vent he felt a bit uneasy from the silence the only sound being his hands and knees in the vent. “Allow me to fill this somewhat frightening silence with some light-hearted banter. Due to the massive success and even more so the unfortunate closing of Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, it was clear that the stage was set (no pun intended) for another contender in children’s entertainment. Unlike most entertainment venues, our robotic entertainers are rented out for private parties during the day, and it’s your job to get the robots back in proper working order before the following morning.” “That’s good to know, I guess.” As Mike continued forward he eventually entered a large room. On his left and right were two large windows with a vent entrance at the bottom of both of them and keypads with two buttons on each of them. “You are now in the Primary Control Module.” Said Hand Unit. “It is actually a crawlspace between the two front showrooms. Now let's get started with your daily tasks.” “If you View the window to your left. You will see the Ballora Gallery Party Room and Dance Studio, encouraging kids to get fit and enjoy pizza. Let’s turn on the light, and see if Ballora is on stage. Press the blue button on the elevated keypad to your left.” Mike walked to the keypad and did as Hund Unit ordered. Within Ballora Gallery a light lit up above a large stage. “Uh-oh! It looks like Ballora doesn’t feel like dancing. Let’s give her some motivation. Press the red button now to administer a controlled shock. Maybe that will put the spring back in her step.” Mike did as ordered and a bright flash of electricity went into Ballora Gallery Mike saw the animatronic quickly make its way to her stage on some kind of rail at the bottom of her feet. “Excellent! Ballora is feeling like her old self again and will be ready to perform again tomorrow. In front of you is another vent shaft. Crawl through it to reach the Circus Gallery Control Module.” Mike looked in front of him and saw a large vent open at the bottom of the wall that was in front of him. Mike got onto all fours and crawled inside the vent. “Does this place, like not have doors I can go through?” Mike complied as he made his way to another room a smaller room that was similar to a room that he was in before but with a large glass window in front of him with a keypad in front of the window. “On the other side of the glass is Circus Baby’s Auditorium. Let’s check the light, and see what Baby is up to.” Mike pressed the button to turn on the light and saw a large stage with Circus Baby standing on it with smaller child-like animatronics standing beside her. Great job, We knew we could count on you! That concludes your duties for your first night on the job. Please leave using the vent behind you, and we’ll see you again tomorrow.” Mike did what he was told and got on all fours to enter the vent. “Michael?” A little girl’s voice spoke out right behind Mike and he quickly turned around seeing no one there. “Wh-what was that?” Mike said aloud as he looked around the room. Mike thought it was just his imagination crawled back into the vent and entered the room he was in before, he continued to crawl forward into the next vent that led back to the elevator. When Mike entered the elevator it started to go up on its own, As the elevator ascended Mike thought about the little girl’s voice he heard in Circus Baby’s room and how familiar it sounded to Elizabeth.