Chapter 5: If You Can't Hang

Crumbling. Fall apart. Like Gotham during all Batman movies staring Christian Bale. That's how this began and ended. This chapter.

Pilot looked upset. I wasn't about to cooperate, but I honestly didn't know what I was about to do either. I jumped down from the truck bed to get my bike. I could feel Pilot's eyes watching me, getting it down from the truck, and bringing it into the garage. Leo sped off, not waiting to see what Pilot would do. I wouldn't stay either I guess, but I would have at least yelled something motivational out the window. "Why did you not wait for me?" Pilot asked me when I unlocked the door. "Why didn't you move away from Whitney?" I stepped through the door and X greeted us with a loud bark. Then he growled, bearing his teeth. I tried to pet him to calm him down, but the growl rumbled and turned into one of the loudest barks I've ever heard. "X?" I stumbled back and Pilot caught me. When I fell into Pilot, he smelled different; it was sweeter. I honestly wasn't going to say anything about the scent until I saw a bag fall from his open backpack, holding a green substance. I saw X look at the bag and he started barking again, this time louder which echoed through the house, in turn making it much, much more louder. "Pilot... You have got to be kidding me." He said he had stopped smoking a long time ago; previous to his and Whitney's break up. Pilot let me go, in turn I fell on my back and onto the floor. Pilot picked up his backpack and walked swiftly out the door, X following and barking rapidly. X bit on Pilot's backpack and it quickly became a game of tug-of-war. "X, stop!" I yelled. "Captain, why don't you keep your stupid ass dog inside your house?!" Pilot was yanking vigorously on his still open backpack. "You damn well know that X is allowed to roam!" "Well you should keep your damn mutt inside," and Pilot kicked X. I cried out, running to push Pilot onto the ground. X whimpered a bit, but ran for the front door. I began to cry, looking down at Pilot on the ground, lying on his back. I stomped to the door, grabbing his stash and threw it at him from the porch. As soon as it hit him, he looked up. I began to sob as I backed into the door frame and I stopped and looked at him, "You fucking promised!" I slammed the door and after a few minutes, I looked through the peep hole. Closing my eyes, I put my hands on my face and cried, hearing soft whimpers coming from outside of the thick wood front door, realizing Pilot couldn't hang.