I

Y/N's POV. -

Everyone was happy. Everyone around me was happy for me. They wished me a beautiful future. A future filled with joy, love and happiness. I was smiling, but I didn't know if it was genuine or just because I didn't want to disappoint my family. My parents.

I'm the only daughter of Shin Seojun and Shin Hyuna, a very famous business couple. Both are famous for their business strategies and the success they achieved in a short time. Their marriage was based on a business deal, which gradually turned into a loving relationship, I assume. And I was the result of that bond. Their daughter, Shin Y/N.

I glanced in their direction to see them smiling widely while talking with a few people. A smile automatically lifted on my lips seeing them smile.

Since my childhood, I've seen them struggling. They often neglected me for their work and I used to get upset. But as I grew up, I realised that it wasn't the ignorance, but their hard work to give me a better future. And today when I saw that dream come true, I felt immensely proud of them.

But was it necessary? Was it the only way to make me happy? Thinking about it, my smile fell a little. But I tried hard to keep my face bright not to let anyone understand my pain.

Well, talking about my situation right now, it was tricky. Like really, really tricky.

Currently, I am standing beside my fiancee and future husband. Someone who my parent chose for me. He was tall, handsome and whatnot. But the only thing is that he's a stranger. A complete stranger to me. I've never met him before neither I know anything about him, except his name.

Kim Namjoon. Another famous name in the business world. He is a very well-reputed businessman who was able to impress my parents with his knowledge, skills and behaviour.

The only time I met him was when my parents asked me to attend a dinner with them which turned out to be a marriage meeting. I still remember how my hands were sweaty and shaking while hearing the talks of elders who were happily deciding on our marriage. My marriage.

I don't know why I thought that maybe they would ask me about my opinion, but it was like they just informed me. I sat there completely frozen for 20 minutes which felt like 20 years. And in those 20 minutes, I saw all my dreams crashing under the happiness of my parents. The joy on their faces and the pride on their face.

I wanted them to be proud of me, but not for this reason. Not because I blindly trusted their choice and said yes to this arrangement.

It took me a lot to gather the coverage of my 20 years of life to lift my gaze and peek at the person sitting in front of me who was going to be my future partner.

At first glance, he seemed to be a kind, sorted and mature person. A slight spark ran through my veins when our eyes met for a mere moment, but it vanished instantly when I noticed no difference in his gaze. His eyes were blank. Maybe he was also forced into this arrangement.

That was the day when we met as strangers, and today is another day when I'm standing beside him as his fiancee. Time moves really fast.

I gulped and looked down at my hand which had a beautiful and elegant diamond ring proudly settled on my ring finger. The proof of our engagement. Its weight reminded me of my responsibilities. Now I was someone's fiancee, someone's soon-to-be daughter-in-law. And it somehow made me feel like a heavy burden was kept on my chest.

I took in a shuddering breath to calm down my thoughts as they were running like a hurricane in my mind.

"Are you okay?"