Part 59: A Return

A cool breeze rustled through the trees as the sun began to dip below the horizon, casting long shadows across the lawn of Brandt Manor. Wedding guests bustled about, loading their bags onto several golf carts, their fearful chatter filling the air. Preston stood by the carts, his brow furrowed with concern as he informed guests that the boat would be arriving shortly to take them back to the mainland.

"Please, make sure none of your belongings are left behind," he called out, trying to maintain a sense of order amidst the chaos.

Inside the manor, Jairo's footsteps echoed through the empty halls as he searched frantically for Amelia. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong, and his heart pounded in his chest with every room he checked.

Olive leaned against one of the grand pillars on the manor's porch, watching as the guests prepared to leave. She clutched a small picture Helena had given her earlier – an old photograph of herself and Preston, taken during happier times. The warmth of the memory filled her with a strange mixture of hope and sadness.

"Everything is going to be okay," she whispered, more to herself than anyone else. "It has to be."

Preston approached Olive, his face etched with worry. "I wish I could go back with you," he said softly, taking her hand. "But I need to stay here and make sure everything is sorted out."

Olive looked into his eyes, searching for some kind of reassurance. "I know," she replied, squeezing his hand gently. "Just promise me you'll be careful."

As the golf carts started to roll away from the manor, Killian leaned over to another guest, his voice lowered. "Can you believe Ash got arrested for the murders? She and Preston grew up here."

"Unbelievable," the other guest agreed, shaking their head. "This whole thing is just... crazy."

Meanwhile, at the police trailer on the island, Macey escorted Ash out of her cell, a stern expression on her face. Zackary stood in a cell nearby, smirking as he attempted to mock Ash. "What's the matter, princess? Not so tough now, are you?"

"Enough, Zackary," Macey snapped, silencing him with a glare. She turned to Ash, her voice firm but controlled. "I need to know where Marc is hiding on this island. Can you help me with that?"

Ash hesitated for a moment, her eyes flicking nervously between Macey and Zackary. Finally, she spoke in a quiet, almost defeated tone. "Be careful, Macey. Marc is dangerous – more than you realize."