Chapter 10 ~ Supreme Pain In My Ass

*Just entered the city*

Lucia's POV
—————————————————————

'Its become noticeably warmer, perhaps it's the blessing of Preservation or an advanced heating system'

I am snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Gepard speaking

"Well this is qlipoth fort, go up these stairs and into the building, take the elevator to the highest floor then take a sharp left followed by a right, right, left, right, left, up, town, funk you up, left, left and you should see the big brown doors. Easy right?"

"Those directions are as long a Wikipedia page!!!" Caelus yelled in disbelief

"Calm down I have them memorized" I stared at Caelus as he looked at me in shock

"We're meeting her now?, I thought we could at least rest" Stelle ends with a sigh, she looks like she could drop over from fatigue at any moment

"Apologies but Madam Cocolia requested I bring you straight here, I believe she Is going to set you up with sleeping arrangements as well as other things"

"Well free stuff is always nice but is there a bathroom nearby? I want to at least touch up a bit before seeing her"

I deadpan at Marchs behavior
"That should be the least of your concerns and you look fine"

"Aside from a little snow in your hair" Dan Heng Added

"Lets go you 4" I demanded

We began climbing the seemingly never ending staircase towards the building, around the halfway point Caelus asked a question

"Did you actually manage to memorize those directions Ms.Lucia?"

"Hell no, I just said that to shut him up. We'll keep walking till we find the big wooden doors, it seems like this 'supreme guardian' is quite impatient so let's keep her waiting as long as possible"

March tilted her head in confusion

"Isn't it supposed to be 'let's not keep her waiting' she's the one in charge here and leaving a bad first impression is grounds for chaos!"

I scoff
"Tch, if she throws a temper tantrum because of us being 10 minutes late that's her issue and besides you forgot that she also wants to make a good first impression to build trust"
"Also, may I remind you that you shouldn't believe everything you're told at face value, that's how most Trailblazing missions get thrown off course, never put your trust in a stranger and stop being gullible, that's basically what I'm getting at"

When I finish my sentence we arrive at the top of the stairs and see the main entrance,

"Don't let your guard down, my instincts are telling me somethings not right and you three, don't say anything stupid"

"Oh no your instincts are never wrong ...... Wait HEY! we wouldn't screw up that bad"

"I never directed that statement towards you, though you responded to it as if it was, meaning you know I'm right"

"Who are the other 2?" March asked

"Take a wild guess...... actually no, Thing 1 and Thing 2 behind you playing genshin impact, those are your partners in crime"

The twins look towards me

'they actually responded to that, really?'

"We should get going now" Dan Heng states before walking towards the door with everyone following him
—————————————————————