chapter 21

Harry Styles

The past few days have felt so boring without Lennox being here. Theo and I have spent our time together and my mom and sister are coming to join us tonight but I just miss Lenn.

I know that even the idea of matching pajamas seemed to scare her because she didn't want to look like she was trying to step in, but I wouldn't be mad if she did.

We've felt like a little family with how we've been spending our free time since she's on her winter break from school. I know we're going to go back to reality soon with her back at work and Theo's nanny will be back with him while I'm in interviews and meetings to plan the tour that starts in a few months.

I'm currently sitting on the couch while Theo is on the floor playing with his Little People characters and the house that goes with the set.

He's babbling to himself, playing house and having the people converse and my lips turned up as I heard Lennox's name come out of his mouth when he had the people talking to each other.

I have a stack of crochet squares piled up next to my laptop that is open with a tutorial video. I pushed my glasses up on the bridge of my nose as I zoned in on the project that was on my lap which was some semblance of a cardigan.

On one of her days off, we sat on my couch as she started making elaborate designs and new things like scarves and hats. I stuck with making the same color squares, and she thought they were pointless, but the whole time I was planning to make a cardigan for her like she did for me.

It's going to be a late Christmas present, she won't get it until I see her on New Year's but I've been so excited to see the look on her face when I tell her that I made it by myself.

"Theo, it's naptime buddy, can you put your people to sleep?" I spoke up grabbing his attention away from the toys in front of him.

"But Dad, I'm still playing."

"I know you are, buddy, but you have to take a nap today. Grandma and Gemma are coming today and it's Christmas Eve!" I tried to sound as excited as I could and it worked because he was suddenly throwing his toys down on the ground. "We're going to have a big fancy dinner tonight and you can help me cook it later if you want!"

That seemed to grab his attention because he was shooting up, and placing all of his toys down before running to his room.

"Wait I almost forgot!" He ran back to the floor picking up the Little People, whispering "Goodnight Lenny, goodnight Aunt Evie." He put down the red-head doll, laying it down in the house and reaching for the blonde doll right next to the toy, doing the same as he did with the other.

I smiled to myself, watching him play with the toys that he has apparently named after two of my closest friends.

I followed him down the hallway to his room, sitting down on the edge of his bed as we read a story. After we wrapped up reading The Rainbow Fish, which has been his favorite pick since he read it with Lennox.

I pulled his green blanket up over his chest and pushed his curls out of his face to give his forehead a kiss.

"Goodnight, T, once you get up we can start making dinner for Grandma and Gemma."

"See you soon!" He smiled up at me and pulled his blanket up higher as he snuggled into his bed.

"Love you," I whispered to him as I shut the overhead light off.

"Love you, too." He whispered back as I pulled the bedroom door shut.

I went out into the living room, grabbing my glasses out of my curls, off of the top of my head, and putting them on the bridge of my nose to finish up the cardigan I was making for Lennox.