Jans furry freind

Tw: thoughts of depression, being left alone,
Thoughts of being hated

Janus was sad, depressed, and alone. What else was new?

Virgil had left, the others hated him, and the one side who didn't was spending all of his time with his brother. ....So where did he fit in with their dynamic? It's obvious really, isn't it? He didn't.

It was winter. Much to cold for Janus to be outside, be he was. He was bundled up nice and tight. Sitting on the porch, a nagging feeling in his chest. At first he didn't know why he should feel fine... but he didnt. He thought it was just his nerves ... until he heard something off in the distance... a small mew, barely audible over the wind.

That... that... was that a cat? "What's a cat doing out here? It's much to cold out." He stood up and looked around, hearing it again and looking towards the trees, getting closer. He didn't see anything for a while, before spotting the small butt of a cat.

"Oh dear- darling, you're so tiny, why are you out here all alone?" He said in a soft, soothing voice.

The cat was orange, or really, the kitten was, it was tiny, it didn't even look like all it's baby teeth were in yet, it was much to small to be away from it's mother. The cat looked at Janus, hissing as it tried to curl into the small hole it dug, it obviously was freezing, and starving.

Janus's heart broke "hey, hey now, don't hiss, you're ok, come here." He reached out, gently scooping the kitten up as it hissed at him, opening his jacket and putting it close to his chest, shivering as his chest was now exposed with only a long sleeved shirt, he put his scarf around his middle and zipped up the coat a bit, turning around to walk inside, heart breaking more as the kitten snuggled into Janus's warmth, still hissing, but obviously being to cold to attack him or try to run.

Janus quickly went inside, closing and locking the door before going into his room. Not giving it a second thought before going into his bathroom, turning on a space heater that was in there and getting a towel for the poor kitten he had taken in.  putting the towel in his lap then following suit and doing the same with the kitten, he put the kitten right by the heater, making sure to block it a bit with his hand.

The poor dear has already been through enough he didn't want the kitten to go into shock from going from super cold to super hot, or get a burn. he mainly held the cat to his chest as the bathroom warmed, making sure that the kitten wasn't still overly cold.

The kitten snuggled up to him, Janus's heart reformed as the brokenness turned into warmth. .....he couldn't let this fluffball go.... It was so tiny.. it couldn't have been more then a month or 3 old... and as he suspected, there were no teeth.. the kitten was so tiny.. he couldn't get rid of him.... He didn't want to get rid of him... this was the happiness he's felt in months! He couldn't- couldn't let his heart break again... not like how it did with virgil. ...granted that he had known virgil for far longer then he had known this kitten, but still! He... he loved this fluff ball.. he couldn't let it go.. especially not in this state.

This cat was his, and he was not letting anything happen to it. Not even if he was threated to.

He looked over the kitten, discovering it was actually a boy. A few names came to mind for this little guy, humming to himself a bit as he thought. Cosmo maybe, but that would only work if he was a black cat. Maybe apollo? ....that's on the list for sure. What about Sammy? No, he wasn't a Sammy, absolutely not.

Janus signed and started looking for names for his kitten. He also started a bath in the sink, summoning some pet soap and getting another towel ready, wanting to make sure this adorable kitten wasn't going to be cold for even a second longer then he had to be.

"What's your name little guy? Are you a Wally? Hmmm~? Or an apollo maybe?...... OoOoo! Maybe a dandelion?? Or an ash?" He looked at the kitten hopefully, sighing as the kitten didn't even look at him as he said any of those names. Janus kept looking, he went through 3 more before finding one that felt... right "kai?" He looked over at his kitten

The kitten didn't do anything for a minute, Janus frowned. He likes that name.... Oh well, he'd live. As Janus went back to look at his phone, the kitten walked up to Janus as he was still on the floor infront of the heater, and started to claw at his pant leg, trying to climb it.

Janus smiled slightly and picked up the kitten... maybe that was his name... "kia? Is your name kia?" He giggled and held the kitten to his chest as he mewed. Janus was ecstatic, he was taking that new as a yes that his name was kai. He then looked down at the kitten and spoke to him gently "ok kai. Let's get you a bath then yea? Then I'll see if I can find you some kitten milk."

Kai didn't respond other then a soft purr

Janus awwed and pet his head, then gently lowered the kitten into the water. Surprisingly, kai didn't scrach him at all, he just cuddled into Janus as he got him all washed and soon enough, dried.

Kai was Janus's. There was no doubt in his mind that he was... this was his baby, and no one could change that. And no one would dare try either.

Thank you for reading!! I know this was a bit short At about 1000 words, but I like it!! If you want like a part two, or maybe even a part three please comment! And eventually one part will have angst if I do make more, I'm sorry I haven't posted a lot, as I've been busy, but I think I did actually post more then my book lol 😅
Anyway, thank you for reading, and if you want to request a oneshot, please message me or comment, I'd love to hear your opinions!!