🌹🖤 The Crimson Tyrant 🖤🌹 (Pt. 10)

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

"This guy's outta his mind!" "Bwah! L-let's get outta here!" Terrified they both began to flee from the scene. "Next time you eat an egg, you better apologize a hundred times, you buncha chumps!" Deuce shouted with such intensity. It was so different from the calm Deuce they knew. Grim shrieked as he backed away from him. "Whoa! Deuce it's okay, they're gone now. Deep breaths." He was so focused on them that Grace had to keep him in place so he doesn't run off. He didn't say anything, but did as she said. As the intense glare in his eyes begun to soften he was stunned with realization. "What's wrong?" Grim slowly came back now that Deuce calmed down. "I did it again, didn't I...? ARGH! I was dead-set on becoming an honor student this time, too!" "Huh?"

Deuce sat in a nearby bench hanging his head. "When I was in middle school, I was pretty wild. I cut school all the time and got into fights. I called my teachers names, hung out with bullies, bleached my hair... I blasted around tight curves on my Magic Wheel. I'd show off my magic to kids who couldn't use it yet... I was a total punk." "So you were only a little more annoying than you are now?" Grace's glare was sent to Grim for his blunt comment. "You're not helping." Her gaze went back to Deuce. "Though, I kinda figured you had that vibe after that small outburst you had yesterday..."

"But one night, I saw my mom talking on the phone to my grandma. She was trying to hide from me, but I saw her, and I could tell she was in tears. She was saying how she must have been a horrible mom, and that maybe she never should have tried to raise me by herself." His hands started to clench into a fist, his voice ceased with anger and guilt. "That had nothin' to do with it! She hadn't done anything wrong. It was all me. When the carriage came to take me to Night Raven College, she was so happy for me. I decided then and there that this time, I wouldn't do anything to make her cry. This time, I'd become a honor student... someone she could be proud of. And I already messed it all up!" After Deuce finishes talking about his past he stared at the ground. "But... you didn't do anything wrong. An honor student wouldn't just let something like that come to pass." Her response shocked him as he slowly loosened up. "Huh?" "Even I, Grim the Magnanimous, was ready to pound those jerks into tuna paste!" Grim said with pride. "You just got to them first." She countered with a nod.

Deuce stared in bewilderment. "You guys..." Grace sat next to him, giving him a few pats on his shoulder. "Everyone can get angry sometimes regardless of whether they are honor students or not, it's a normal emotion that everyone has. Also... you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Having a goal like that is great but doesn't happen overnight, it takes time and dedication. But after meeting you, I believe that you kinda have what it takes. I'm sure your mother would be so proud of you for the person you've become now." She smiled. His heart fluttered by her sincere words of advice, it almost brought him to tears. "Sapphire..." He chuckled lightheartedly. "Heh heh... I guess you're right! I just hope those chicks can rest in peace."

"Oh about that, you do know that those eggs don't have chickens in them right?" She commented. Deuce stared at her in confusion.

"..Huh?"

"Those eggs are unfertilized so it's impossible for them to have chicks in them." "Wha- WHAAAAAT?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" Deuce yelled at the top of his lungs. The shock in his voice shook them and their environment to the very core. Even the birds felt a disturbance as they flew out of every tree in the school's radius.

༶•┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈•༶

They eventually came back with the items, and now they all could finish the tarts. "Okay, now we just sprinkle on a little powdered sugar, and..." Trey muttered as he gently sprinkled powdered sugar on top of each one. "Finished!" Ace and Grim both cheered. "Fin...ished..." Deuce's voice was all one mellow note. "Did something happen to him while you were shopping?" Ace asked. "It's... a long story." She replied. Ever since she told him about the eggs Deuce has been feeling down, they could practically see a dark cloud looming over him. "For sixteen years, I was so sure..." He muttered. All she could do was pat his back and apologize. 'I didn't mean to...'