Denouement

THE PERFECT ACT

Twelve: Denouement

There was a knock at the door, causing Ivar to frown. He stood from the couch, pausing his movie and marched to the door. Hoping it was neither the siblings nor his best friend whom he had been ignoring for the past few hours.

Olivia smiled at him, letting herself in. "Hi."

He looked at her confused, following her to the kitchen. "Can I get some water?" She asked sweetly, smiling at him.

"What are you doing here?" Ivar questioned, but obeyed her request.

"You didn't seem okay after break, I thought you might need a friend."

He smiled at her, Olivia's sweet demeanor making him feel at ease again. "Thanks."

"How are you doing?" She leaned across the counter like she used to, peering up at Ivar's bustling form.

"Uhhh...Good." He answered, caught off guard.

"Seriously, Ivar?" She looked at him disappointed, "You can tell me. After what happened, and the hospital; I wish I could be there for you." She walked around the counter and pulled him into a hug, one that he immediately reciprocated. Ivar snuggled into her neck, the familiar smell overtaking his nostrils.

The intimate hold broke down his resistance and made him forget about the distance that was formed over the last few months. They separated and smiled at each other, walking comfortably to the living room. The atmosphere had turned into the warm glow that Ivar always felt with her, and soon the minutes turned into hours with the two catching up.

Ivar and Olivia sat with their feet curled beneath each other's, laughing about her joke; the movie playing had long turned into background noise.

"Looking back, I understand why, but I was so angry in that moment. I would have done anything to hit you in the head." They laughed again, reminiscing about how he broke up with her.

"I'm really sorry I did that. You honestly deserve better; you're amazing, Liv." She smiled sweetly at him, hearing that name for the first time in months. Olivia leaned in closer, softly kissing Ivar. He didn't dodge, and he didn't pull away, he accepted her kiss with open arms, suddenly remembering all their previous kisses. It was merely a peck, and then she moved away, smiling at him.

"I've missed you." She moved an inched closer, her hands holding onto him, her beautiful smile luring Ivar in.

"Me too," He answered honestly, smelling her sweet scent that already started to cling to his clothes again. The familiar touch as her fingers sprawled across his arms. Olivia's smile widened, and she leaned in, this time kissing more fiercely.

The millimetres between them grew less as Olivia moved closer, reducing the space between them until she sat on his lap, kissing until both their lips were red.

Ivar felt incredibly nervous; almost like it was his first date with her again. He wasn't sure what to do, even though his hands moved like muscle memory over her body.

It was like a spark ignited fire between them and without noticing they were lying down, lips glued to each other and hands wandering all over. He couldn't help but think about how soft her skin was, comparing it to someone else he had kissed. He tried to shove those thoughts away, but they slowly crept back with the same endeavor his hands caressed.

"Ivar?" He heard his name slip quietly from her lips. He hummed in reply looking up at her beautiful smile. "Let's go to your room." His face, like his body heated up; he tried to hide his red cheeks and shuffled up the stairs, almost dragging Olivia behind him.