Do you even know what this means?

I'll do it for the grind!! RAAAHH!!

Thank you to my friend  Cobalt_G and another friend for being my beta reader for this chapter! 

w

Herleif thinks Cedric is dating Cho and Cedric thinks Herleif his dating Jack, the youngest Selby sibling ends this misunderstanding.

~~~~

With Cedric being a witness of the return of You-Know-Who, the Hufflepuff — with the goodness of his heart — helped with teaching Dumbledore's Army the knowledge from his 5th and 6th year lessons for them, sometimes it was surprising what a 5th year can even teach you instead.

Today was a lesson on how to summon a Patronus and from what he heard, it was the most difficult spell to conjure up. Even the most experienced wizards and witches can't do it.

"Expecto Patronum!"

He yells softly, his voice drowning from the younger years' cries for the spell to work yet to no avail. With Harry's instructions in mind, he tries to think about something happy or at least meaningfully happy in his past.

Everything that was given to him since his birth was just pressure.

Cedric sighs as he sat down on the ground near a somewhat quiet corner and was left to his head to think about something happy. He realises that... he wasn't truly happy all his life but he feels like he is forgetting something that did.

He groaned, staring at the ground with a gloomy expression and didn't notice a pair of footsteps coming his way.

"Didn't know my house's Golden Boy was miserably failing at this. Thought you'd have the best chance to make a Patronus."

It was Avivah Selby, the little sister to Herleif, Quidditch protégée (being one of the Hufflepuff Beaters) and the same year as the Golden Trio, consoling him for whatever reason.

"Are you here to make fun of me?" Cedric says, hugging his knees and wishing the room to put him back in his dorm. "Nah." What a simple answer from an energetic girl.

"So why can't you even make a non-corporeal?" He seizes this chance to rant. "Because I can't think of one." His hands flew up, frustrated with himself. "All the memories I have are either my parents making me participate in events that I really didn't enjoy or.."

He tries to think of the words. "Peer pressure." He sinks back.

Avivah just looks at him like she heard the most absurd thing that entered her ears.

"Are you serious? Do you even know what this means?"

"Means what?"

"Means that your an idiot!" She yells while pinching her nose bridge and he flinches, startled by the outburst. "Do you think I don't notice the stares towards my brother every time?" His cheeks immediately burn. "Not even once you thought about him? Because every time you stare, your face droops like you're going to become a puddle!"

Cedric shushes her and makes sure no one is listening, especially Herleif. "That doesn't mean anything, I just do that to..." He tries to think fast to come up with a reason but his head fails him. "Don't lie now. If it makes you feel better, my dear old brother has been non-stop asking me about you ever since the start of summer."

She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, leaning on the wall as she stared at the 28 students working hard. "Huh? Asking about me? I thought he would be hanging out with his boyfriend, that Sallow fellow I believe."

"They're best friends."

He stops sulking on his knees and his thoughts go blank. "Herleif was actually planning to ask you to the ball but you were with Cho instead so he went with Jack."

"We're best friends."

A pregnant pause goes between them then Avivah starts laughing her tears out, crouching next to him and suppressing her laughter to snickers. "Well that explains a lot of things now!" Her famous mischievous smiles appeared on her face. "What a cringy unrequited love story." She pants out from running out of breath.

"You still have a chance. Better use it before it's too late." It wasn't too late, there is enough time actually but the young Selby just wants her senior to panic, then she walks away to talk to Harry.

"Did you do it?"

"Of course brother."

"Finally."