Chapter Ten

~TIMEJUMPING A BIT~

It has been a month since Chloe has been released to go home. She was now completely cast free and given a great bill of health with the exception of her amnesia. She still hasn't remembered anything more about her past and Beca was starting to worry that the memories would never come back. They were rolling in pretty quickly in the beginning but now they've come to a screeching halt. She has been doing everything that she could think of to jump start the woman's brain. Beck has been home running around and acting wild being his usual self. He was scattering toys all about and yelling for his moms to watch him as he did the most minuscule of things and they had to pretend it was the best thing they had ever seen. Beca has taken Chloe on many dates, even reenacting their first date in perfect mimicry, and has taken her to their parents' houses and the Bellas' homes to explore a vast expanse of familiar territories. Their sex life has become a common reoccurrence as well. It's a great way to relieve stress, it felt amazing, and it has always been a part of their normal routine. Beca figured maybe the familiarity and mind clearing orgasms would progress the memories but nothing she did worked. Chloe still couldn't remember their marriage, she couldn't remember Beck, and she couldn't remember anything else of the last few years. Beca was desperate for something, anything. At this point she'd be happy if Chloe remembered every heartbreaking moment the two shared that brought them to where they are today, just as long as she was remembering something.

Beca was at a loss. She had exhausted every last option she could think of to reattain Chloe's memories. Even Aubrey couldn't conjure anything else up when they spoke during Beca's daily visits to see Anne and she was one of the smartest people that the girl knew.  She began to feel like maybe she should just give up on it. She was so obsessed with getting them back that it was starting to over every aspect of her life. She wasn't focused at work, she wasn't focused at home, even sex was becoming more of an act of muscle memory because she couldn't focus on anything but her wife's brain. Chloe was starting notice. She noticed that Beca would be sitting at her desk with the oversized headphones pressing the same note perpetually never getting a thing a done. And noticed that she had been more distracted and less attentive when Beck tried showing her something or when she would cook and it didn't taste as great as usual. And she definitely noticed it when things in the bedroom would be more of an in and out situation instead of a long, sensual, and rather loud event. There was no more foreplay, no more teasing, it was just right down to business. While it still felt great, it wasn't the sheet gripping, hair pulling, back scratching experience she had become accustomed to with her love. Even in marriage that sensation has never faltered.

After another passionless roll in the hay, the couple dropped on the bed next to each other. Beck passed out early that night and they decided to retire to the bedroom. Chloe initiated the intimacy. She had started with gentle kisses down Beca's neck followed by a hand squirming under the cloth covering the girl's torso. It wasn't long before the ginger was pinned against the bed with her wife hurriedly removing her clothes. She had tried to take control, she wanted to slow things down and take their time, but with her muscle still not quite being what it used to Beca was able to maintain control of the situation and the whole thing felt like it ended as quick had began. They laid silently for a moment, their staggered breathing the only sound between them. Chloe looked over at her wife, wanting more than anything to see her perched on her side staring at her with that smile that melts her heart like she used to only to find her lying on her back staring up the ceiling. She seemed just as distracted as she had been all month. Chloe sighed loudly and Beca suddenly seemed to notice that she was in fact still there.

"Everything okay?" She still didn't look at Chloe even though she spoke to her.

"Adequate, I guess." Chloe shrugged, trying to get the point across without being blunt.