Arrival in NYC

Roses POV:

When I boarded the Titanic I never thought this would be how it ended, I mean, it was the 'unsinkable ship' But now look at it, it's at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and I'm here all alone trying to deal with the loss of the love of my life.

I always wonder what I could've done to prevent it and if Jack would have still been alive right now. If I wouldn't have jumped off of the boat and then maybe he could've gotten on the door? But how was I supposed to know that? I thought I was going to go on this boat and continue how my life was before I met Jack.  Then he would have to go down along with the ship and have to put up with whatever Cal was going to put him through once he was out of my sight and I couldn't let that happen to him. I loved Jack.

I was looking around the rescue boat trying to process everything that just happened, I mean, I could've been dead if they had taken any longer to come. But maybe, just maybe, if they had come a few minutes earlier, me and jack could've had our happily ever after like we planned. But of course, that's not how it went.

The rescue officers were taking down names to put on the survivors list. I'm trying to not get caught by my family and Cal so what was I meant to say to them when they got to me? I can't say Rose DeWitt Bukater because then if anyone checks the survivors list they'll obviously know I survived, and I was supposed to have gone down with the ship. So I had to think of what name to give them.

"Can I take your name please love?" the rescue officer asked.
"Dawson...Rose Dawson" I said, trying to hold back tears.
That was the only name I could think of and it just felt right to use, and now I have Jack's last name, it feels like I have a piece of him still with me, even if he's not physically there.

I just looked around trying to figure out what I was supposed to do and then I reached into my pocket, and I felt something... I lifted it out and looked at what it was...the necklace...the same necklace Jack supposedly stole? That was now in Cal's coat pocket? I knew Jack couldn't have stolen the necklace. This is exactly the type of thing Cal would do. Try to accuse an innocent person just because he can. Maybe Jack could have fit on the door if the necklace wouldn't have been weighing it down. It's a possibility.

I couldn't believe it. All of the stress and anger he put me through whilst we were engaged, and then the second I found someone that makes me happy and let me be myself, he can't let me have. Typical Cal if I'm honest. That must've been why he was shooting at us? Because I had the necklace with me? It's all coming together now, he can't let me be happy and he wants control over me. My family was forcing me to marry him knowing that information just because they wanted money?!

It gets good soon this is just the buildup to it so have some patience and it all comes together