40

if loving jake was a disaster to the world then i would gladly turn into a hurricane.

if leaving jake was a good deed then i would rather rob a store.

if hurting him was the best thing to do the  i would be the worst person alive.

if meeting you again was something miraculous then call me ladybug.

"hyung!" the older was snapped out of his thoughts by sunoo.

"hyung you've been staring at the tree as if it was the one who left you- oh shit!" sunoo shut himself up, sitting on the grass beside heeseung.

"no worries. i wish it were that tree instead of him" heeseung's sentence was mumbled under his breath.

"you said something?"

"i said it's no worries" heeseung brushed it off with a small smile.

sunoo let out a loud sigh expecting heeseung to ask what was wrong but helost again in his thoughts so sunoo spoke up.

"hyung, can i ask you something?"

"sure"

"why'd you spend so much time looking for jake?"

heeseung turned his head, a little shocked by the mention of the boy everyone avoided speaking of.

"umm" heeseung started thinking. it was only then that he realized he didn't have any specific reason fo looking for jake all those years.

"he was my only friend back then, sun"

sunoo sat there silently listening in silence, "he was the only boy who asked me to play with him. when the kids at kindergarten made fun of me saying i was a a mommy's boy, rich and snobbish" bittersweet is what it felt, a laugh escaped heeseung's lips from the sickening memory.

"then how did you meet jake?"

"i was playing in my room one day and my ball fell out the window. jake found it then asked to play"

sunoo may not have understood heeseung's feelings but the idea of pining over someone who was only a play friend seems.....not right?

"jake lived next door. the neighbors heard every time my parents fought but instead of being scared like all the other kids he was the first one that didn't run away when he saw with me"

sunoo took back his words, maybe jake did have a huge impact on heeseung's life.

"then why were you such an asshole to him?"

heeseung laughed and sunoo looked at him like he was a mental patient.

heeseung wiped his hand on his jeans. sweat building at his forehead.

looking over to jay, giving him a little nod and heeseung was sent off to where jake was.

finishing his first tournament in his second year, heeseung wanted to finally confess to jake.

not being remembered wasn't a concern for him, they could always start over again.

the closer he got to jake who busied himself talking with an old lady. heeseung overheard bits their conversation with each step.