𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊

• 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓱 •

I was going to fucking kill the two guys she drank from, then I was going to kill Titus for making her. Then I'd kill Doyle for the fucking fun of it after he watched Mae kill his fucking son.

One of the three men holding me tightened his grip, and while I'd love to rip his fucking hand off, I was too busy watching Mae. Two minutes ago, she looked somewhat scared. Now? She had no emotion on her face. It looked like she was taken over by someone else completely.

I liked it.

She lifted her foot and rolled her ankle - something that should have still been healing with how young of a vampire she was.

Either Zero was ignoring it, or was too stupid to notice the change in her. Because he puffed out a laugh and went for her again.

If he hurt her I'd kill him. Or...I'd help Mae kill him. By the look on her face, she needed to do it.

One of the guards gripped me tighter, as they usually did when Zero went for her. I didn't bother looking at the other three. I wasn't worried about them. I assumed Kite was busy seething at his father and his comment about how malleable Mae was between worrying about whether or not Mae would win this shit. Noah had been training, but he would be next to useless without his powers. Luca was silent, but I assumed he was watching.

But honestly I didn't give two shits about what they were doing. The moment the fuckheads let me go, I'd break their fucking arms for forcing me to my knees and then I'd go for everyone else's fucking throats.

Zero moved with an experience I hadn't even known he possessed as he twisted and threw a fist straight at her stomach. She didn't move for a moment, but then she stepped out of the way at the last second before spinning and slamming the heel of her foot into his sternum. He coughed and slid back, clutching the obvious dent in his chest.

I raised an eyebrow, my eyes finding her again. At the way she held herself. She still had no emotion. She just stood there, staring at him, her arms loose at her sides.

He went for her again, and once again, she moved out of the way at the last second, turning and bringing her elbow down hard into his back, knocking him to the floor.

What in the world? She'd been training, and she was better than she had been in the beginning...but this was something completely different altogether.

He grabbed her ankle and pulled, throwing her to the ground. She gritted her teeth, then opened her mouth to say something, but Zero bit into her leg. He caught the foot coming towards his head and ripped off a chunk of skin from her calf with his teeth.

She didn't even scream.

I finally looked at the other three, and they all had varying degrees of shock on their faces. So it wasn't just me.

Kite looked at me, and he shook his head. He was confused.

I attempted to shrug but soon-to-be-handless had a death grip on me.

Really, why did I need three guards?

'Because you have a habit of wanting to commit mass murder,' Titus answered in my head. 'And I'm not risking it.'

I looked directly at the mind reader. 'Tell him one more of my thoughts without my permission and you'll be on my list too, you piece of shit.'

The mind reader blinked, then looked back at Mae, a frown curling her lips. I wondered if she'd listen. I wasn't big on killing women, but at this point the itch was so bad that I didn't care who it was.