Chapter 1: Runners

My name is Alexander Rogue, and everything that's about to happen I both completely deserve and don't deserve.

Monday, 10:00am.

Alexander takes the elevator up to his top floor penthouse and opens the door.

"BOOM"

The penthouse explodes and the building begins to collapse. Multiple people cram themselves in the elevator together to get to the bottom floor but as they make it in the elevator drops several stories before crashing down. Alexander jumps onto the elevator cable and rides it down. 3 quarters of the way down, the cable snaps as the building toppled over and Alexander jumps off the cable onto another floor. He makes his way down the stairwell and just as he reaches the bottom the building comes down. Alex jumps out of the way as debris falls and destroys the stairwell.

Alexander gets up and makes his way to the street. The streets are filled with pile on traffic, many cars were crushed from debris. Police and ambulances surround the area. All the while, Alexander gets a phone call.

Alex: Carmen?

Carmen: are you ok, Babe?? The news is talking about an explosion at your apartment.

Alex: yeah, I'm alright.

Carmen: oh thank God. What happened?

Alex: I'm not sure yet.

Carmen: ok, well, call me when you-

Alex: hello? Carmen? Dammit, cell tower must be down.

Suddenly, 20 Italian gangsters show up and stand on top of the cars holding machine guns.

Cop: hey! What are you doing?! Get down from-

The gangsters shoot up half the people on the street including police and civilians. Alexander quickly takes cover behind a car.

Gangster: we're looking for Alexander Rogue! Come out now or more people will die!

Alexander remains quiet.

Gangster: alright, maybe he didn't hear us?

The gangster then takes a hostage.

Gangster: he might hear me if blow this guy's brains out.

Man: please don't! I have a-

Gangster: I don't give two fucks what you have!

Alexander stands up.

Alexander: Stop! Let him go and tell me what you want!

Gangster: oh, so now I have your attention? Lesson 1, don't make people wait!

"BANG"

The hostage drops dead with a bullet in his head.

Gangster: and lesson 2, don't fuck with Don Marino!

Alexander: what the hell are you-

The gangsters open fire and Alexander takes cover behind a parked car.

Alexander pulls out his pistol and cocks it.

There's 20 gangsters and Alex has 8 bullets.

Alexander waits for the gunfire to stop, then he makes a run for it.

"BANG" "BANG" "BANG"

Alexander kills 3 gangsters before taking cover behind another car.

Gangster: SOMEONE KILL THAT BASTARD!

Alex gets up and makes another run.

"BANG" "BANG" "BANG"

Alex kills 3 more men before covering behind a crashed bus.