Chapter 6: understanding

11:30am.

Vox wakes up in a dark room chained to a wall. She managed to pull a lock pick from her boot and unlock the chains. She carefully sneaks out of the room and hears Casper and Markov in the next room.

Vladimir: was it really necessary for you to kill my men?

Casper: I told you it had to look real, didn't I?

Vladimir: a little too real. I lost good men because of you.

Casper: says the guy who knocked me out, like that was necessary.

Vladimir: I had to make it look real.

Casper: whatever, so where's Rogue?

Vladimir: I sent him and his wife to Vinci.

Casper: you did WHAT?!

Vladimir: I told you, Marino and I had a deal for me to bring him Rogue.

Casper: and WE had a deal to let me kill him!

Vladimir: we both know you weren't going to do it.

Casper: excuse me?!

Vladimir: you've had all this time to kill him and instead you've been trying your best to convince him of your innocence. You're playing both sides.

Casper: you know I'm not!

Vladimir: either you are playing both sides, or you are so jealous of him that instead of killing him quick and easily, you'd rather make a show of it and wait until you've proven yourself to be better than him before killing him. Either way, you will fail.

Casper: I'll let your army know you said that...

Vladimir: what?

"BANG"

Casper shoots Vladimir Markov dead.

Immediately Markov's men show up and surround Casper.

Gangster: put you hands up!

Casper: take it easy, fellas.

Gangster: give us one good reason.

Casper: kill me and you won't get paid. See, Markov had no heirs, his family died years ago. I'm the only one who knows the password to his accounts and his vault. So, listen to me and you'll keep getting paid, disobey me and you'll die here and now.

Gangster: you think you can take us all?

Casper: I'm an assassin, I've taken on far worse than you. Wanna test me?

Gangster: why don't you open that vault for us then?

"BANG"

Casper shoots the gangster in the head.

Casper: that's why. Anyone else wanna make the transition difficult?

The room goes silent.

Casper: okay then, get ready! We head out to Marino's base soon!

Vox whispers to herself from behind the wall "holy shit..."

Casper: first, someone go make sure that annoying cop chick is still in her cage.

Vox quickly and quietly goes back into the room and pretends to be locked up and knocked out.

A gangster walks in and takes a quick look at her.

Gangster: she's still locked up and asleep.

Casper: good, stand by the door. I'll be there in a minute to finish her off before we leave. Can't have her escaping and fucking things up.