Chapter 5: is it true?

8:00pm.

Alexander, Carmen and Casper make it to Axel's garage safely.

Casper: are you guys sure about this?

Alexander: what other choice do we have?

Casper: is that seriously the only reason we have?

Alexander: look, these guys are trustworthy. I know you haven't dealt with them in a while, but they've never let me down.

Casper: okay... I guess we'll try it.

They walk In and find Axel and AK working inside.

Axel: well shit! It looks like the grim reaper is still kicking!

AK: and thank God for that!

Alexander: it's good to see you guys too, we've also brought an old friend.

Axel: Casper?! Goddam! I haven't seen you in ages! How the hell are ya?

Casper: right now, not so good.

AK: figured as much, looks like the feds are still after you guys.

Alexander: I see you've been watching the news.

Axel: most interesting thing on tv right now.

Carmen: yeah, you're telling us.

AK: you guys must be exhausted. You can all stay here as long as you need, if you'd like.

Alexander: that's exactly what we need, thanks guys.

Axel: what are friends for? Besides, I can't count the times you've helped me out of scrapes. It's the least we can do.

Alexander: alright, we've still got lots to do tomorrow so let's rest while we still can.

They all rest up until morning.

The next morning, 7:00am.

Vox and her men head to Casper's garage and search the place.

Vox: alright, look everywhere! See what you can find.

Henchman: how come you didn't call your cop buddies?

Vox: do you ask Pedro this many questions?

Henchman: no, because his plans always make sense to me.

Vox: yeah, and that's why he's locked up in his own basement right now. But to answer your question, I don't want every cop swarming this place yet because I'm not sure which ones I can trust yet.

Henchman: so the department is corrupt?

Vox: I have no idea, but a young lady was murdered and my coworkers have been searching for culprits for days and the only suspect they have might be innocent. The cops I know should be doing a better job than this. The only reason they aren't might be because they're not actually looking, but hiding it instead. If that's the case, I need to check this place out first. Now stop asking questions and start looking for clues!

Henchman: we're not detectives, ma'am. We don't know what we're looking for.

Vox: fine then, just stand guard until I'm done.

Vox looks around the garage and sees some left over weapons and ammo magazines on the tables.

Vox: they clearly left in a hurry. They forgot some of their gear and even left some vehicles. Unless they're planning on coming back? But they knew we'd find this place and take everything for evidence. Are the professionals finally getting sloppy?

Henchman: ma'am, are you talking to yourself?

Vox: could you shut the hell up?! I'm trying to think!

Vox takes a look at the bullets on the floor.