Chapter 3: Casper

3:30pm

Alexander and Carmen are in the car driving.

Alexander: how are you feeling?

Carmen: like crap.

Alexander: don't worry, once we're done I'll get you medical attention.

Carmen: don't be silly, I'll be a sitting duck in a hospital. I'll be fine.

Alexander: they're after me, not you.

Carmen: tell that to the entire police force that just tried to kill me.

Alexander: sigh... I'm sorry.

Carmen: for what?

Alexander: everything that's happened.

Carmen: this isn't your fault. You didn't kill that girl.

Alexander: does it matter? I've killed tons of other people. Good and bad. Sure, I may not have killed this one, but I definitely still deserve this.

Carmen: we're both mercenaries. I'm sure we both deserve this.

Alexander: thanks, that makes me feel a whole lot better...

Carmen: what I mean is, I understand you feel guilty, but don't feel responsible for me. I'm here on my own accord. Whatever happens to me isn't your fault.

Alexander: honey, listen... you're my wife, my job is to protect you.

Carmen: no, being my husband doesn't make it your job to protect me. Your job is to love me through thick and thin, and trust me, you've always done that.

Alexander: I know, it's just that... have I really loved you enough?

Carmen: what do you mean?

Alexander: I mean, when people love each other they'd never put the other in danger. But I feel like that's all I've ever done is put you in danger. Maybe I should've left this life long ago...

Carmen: maybe someday we will.

Alexander: and live a normal life? Do you think that's possible for us?

Carmen: if there's one thing I've learned from you, it's that anything is possible.

Alexander and Carmen make it to the building.

Alexander: this is the place.

Carmen: so you know who this guy is?

Alexander: I don't know, but I have a feeling.

Carmen: who do you think it is?

Alexander only one way to find out.

They head up to the rooftop and see the man in black clothes and the black mask standing there with the laptop.

Carmen: my laptop?!

The man hands the laptop to carmen.

Man: don't worry, all your files are safe.

Carmen: you know what's on this?

Man: you mean all the evidence to tie you both to every assassination you've ever done? Yes, I know.

Carmen: who are you?

Alexander: Casper.

Carmen: what?!

The man the takes the mask off and reveals himself to them.

Casper: surprise!

Alexander: I fucking knew it was you!