~<THE TEXAN>~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time Set: Year After Movie, Halloween time
Warnings: Mention of Death, Losing a Parent, Mention of depression, Mention of Cancer
Things to know:
(Y/N)- Your name
(L/N)- Last name
(D/N)- Dads name
(B/N)- Brothers name
(H/C)- Hair color
(N/n)- Nick name
(E/C)- Eye color
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your POV
Salem Massachusetts. I always heard the stories of the witch trails, now I get to live in them. I looked out the window, thinking to myself of everything that's happened recently. My mom died of the worst thing possible, cancer, and I didn't even get to say goodbye. My older brother moved out because he couldn't deal with the pain in our house. And now my dad is moving us across the country.

That meant I'm going to be a new girl in an entire new state which is not going to be fun, like at all. I've never been new, I lived in Texas all my life now everything I knew is gone. I got lost in thought, not noticing we were finally at the new house.

My dad tapped on my shoulder, "(Y/n) if you'd like to actually pay attention, we're here." I sighed and rolled my eyes, looking over at him. "I noticed." I got out of the van and looked at the house and the street, there was a breeze in the air that made me shiver a bit. I already had a feeling I am going to hate it here.

I went to the back of the van which is where my dad was, taking a shit ton of boxes out and decided to help him. I grabbed the boxes labeled for me and went to the front door with my dad, waiting for him to unlock it. Once he unlocked the door we started moving all the boxes in which was extremely tiring.

After about 2 hours of moving boxes in and unpacking things, the house looked a little more homey, I already had picked my room and was honestly happy about it. It was a nice size so I had room for all my shit and to move around, which is perfect for me.

I helped my dad unbox things downstairs and then went up to my room to unpack as he did the same with his room. I sat in my room for hours unpacking, by the time I was done it was 7pm and dinner time. I went downstairs and found my dad on our newly unpacked sofa, reading a magazine. "You order a pizza or something Da?" I always called my dad da, it just felt right. "Just did, it's on it's way now." He replied with his heavily annoying country accent.

You see my dad was born in a very country area as to where I was not born in a very country area so he has an accent and I don't which thank the gods because I feel these Northerners would hate me more if I did have one.

I went to sit on the sofa until I heard a knock on the door, I sighed as my dad looked up at me through his magazine. "Yeah, Yeah, I got it." I said and walked to the door, honestly fully expecting a pizza but instead being met with a rather blonde women with a boy around my age behind her and a little girl next to her. "Hi! We're your neighbors that live in that big ol' white house over there!" She mentioned towards what I'm assuming their house. "I just wanted to come over and welcome you into the neighborhood, I also couldn't help but notice the license plate on your van, your from Texas?!"

This women had such a excited and pitched voice it hurt. "Oh yeah, we still gotta get it changed." Now just because I dont have an accent don't mean I don't talk like I have one, because sometimes just the way I use words make me sound somehow country. "Well welcome to the whole state then! We're also from the South, LA matter of fact!" The boy behind her looked so utterly annoyed and I don't blame him.

"Oh my heavens I've realized I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Jenny, this young man behind me is my eldest child, Max, and this little girl next to me is my youngest child, Dani! Say hi kids!" Both of the kids waved at me, only Dani had a huge smile on her face and Max looked just absolutely miserable. "And I'm so sorry I forgot to ask, what is your name?" She asked smiling so extremely wide at me. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n)." I forced on a fake smile. "That's such a beautiful name! Also, is there a parent here by any chance?! I'd love to meet them!"

"Yes there is." My dad came behind me with his thick ass accent and pushed me back lightly. I zoned out as they began to talk until I heard my dad inviting them inside. Once they got inside we went to my living room and all chatted, and by all I mean my dad and Jenny. "Y'know (Y/n) you should go talk a bit with Max in your room so you have someone to talk to at school." My dad glanced at me, I knew he wasn't asking, he was demanding. "That's such a good idea! Go on Max!" She scouted Max off the couch as I got up, I walked to my room with him following behind me.

When we got to my room we sat down on my bed and I looked around, trying not to make eye contact with the boy next to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MAX'S POV
"So, what's Texas like..?" I asked trying not to make this more awkward than it already is, looking over to the (H/c) girl. "It's fine, a lot of annoying people down there though, how is it up here?" She asked looking at me, her (E/c) eyes staring into mine. "It's okay up here, lots of weirdos like it here though." "No wonder why your here then." She said looking at me smiling.

After a while we were laughing and making jokes together until I was a moron and asked a very emotional question. "So, wheres your mom?" As soon as I asked I could see her entire expression change, she sighed and looked away. "My mom, um... died last year of cancer..." She responded quietly. "Holy shit, I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked that..." I felt so extremely stupid at the moment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YOUR POV
"No it's okay..." I smiled at him and wiped some tears, surprised they fell in the first place. Every since my mom passed I had felt empty and just angry, as soon as she passed my dad wanted to move and act like nothing happened. I think his idea of dealing with it is bullshit, I would never forget my own mother so why would he want to forget about his own wife. (B/n) already left us and everything behind, is that what my dad is doing with me too...?

I realized I zoned out when Max shook my shoulders to snap me out of it, when I finally did I realized I was full on crying. Everything Max was saying was just gibberish to me. This boy I just met pulled me into his chest and let me cry, and the crazy part is that I felt the safest I haven't felt in a long time.

An hour after that train wreck me and Max lifted back up the mood and began laughing again, trying forget it ever happened. When his mother called for him to go I stopped him. "Um, will I see you in school tomorrow?" I asked, a little nervous. "You sure will, see you tomorrow, (N/n)." He flashed me an amazingly handsome smile and I watched as he leaved.

Maybe being here won't be so bad after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this first one-shot! Also if you want a part 2 to this then please do let me know because I am genuinely interested where I'll take this story line! Have a lovely night/day, Byeee!!
-x author