5 ~ Silverstone

The British Grand Prix was the next race on the calendar. McLaren's home race, Formula 1's home race and Lando's home race. But first, Oscar had been called into a photocall with Lando to promote their new Google Chrome livery for the race.

Before the pair were being touched up with the make-up artists and had every strand of hair neatened, the needed to change into their new overalls... white overalls.

As the McLaren duo were alone in the large office they had taken over, Lando began to start undressing in front of Oscar.

O - Lando? What are you doing?

L - What? We're both gay men, this means nothing...

O - Oh I just thought that you would... nevermind... imma find a spare room to change.

L - Oh... okay.

Oscar heads off to get changed into his new overalls, he is quickly changed and heads back to the office and knocked on the door lightly.

O - Are you decent?

L - Yeah yeah its fine.

Oscar opens the door and sees Lando with a bit of an upset expression on his face.

O - What's up?

L - Nothing, I'm okay!

O - Look, sorry for being awkward just... I didn't mean to... I just thought you would have wanted a bit more privacy to get changed.

Lando stands up and heads towards Oscar.

L - No, no... Its okay.

Lando takes Oscar's hand in a gentle way and bushed his thumb across Oscar's knuckle.

L - I think I like you...

Oscar smiled. He froze. He didn't say anything. Maybe he should have as the pair stood in an awkward silence for a few moments.

L - Oh my god, I am so sorry. You clearly don't feel that way towards me. What the fuck am I doing? Ughhh Lando!! Stop being so fucking stupid!

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

Agent - Are you ready for make-up?

L - Yeah.

The make-up artists and hairstylists swarm the room and start making the beautiful boys even more beautiful. Oscar and Lando sat in silence and didn't communicate with each other. Soon, they were whisked off to the front of the McLaren Technology Centre and put on their fake smiles for the cameras in front of the new team livery. They were both hurting inside, desperately hurting.

As soon as the photoshoot was done Oscar went back inside, choosing not to talk to his best friends - the media - and quickly wiped the make-up off his face. A tear strolled down his face. He pulled out his phone and messaged his friend.

Ollie

Dinner tonight at mine?

Sure! Meet at 7?

Great!

Oscar quickly raced out of the MTC after throwing his overalls onto the office floor and quickly changing back into his clothes. He didn't want to face Lando, not yet at least.

7pm quickly rolled around, Oscar had made a lovely and healthy steak for him and Ollie to enjoy. As the doorbell rang, Oscar quickly scrambled around his house making sure everything is perfect before opening the door for Ollie.

B - Hey

O - Hi

B - How are you?

O - Um... I'm okay.

B - Good!! When's dinner done?

O - Should be about 5 minutes, take a seat!

Ollie goes through and sits at the neatly laid dinner table. Oscar dashes into the dining room, puts his speaker on with some soothing music. Soon after, he lights the candles on the table and heads back into the kitchen to serve the food. Minutes later, he reappears with two delightful dishes in his hands and he lays them on the place mats.

O - Would you like some water?

B - Yes please.

Oscar pours some water into Ollie's glass before pouring some into his own. They both begin to eat their food with regular small talk in between mouthfuls of food.

B - So how's your partner?

O - We split up a while ago... work kinda ruined everything.

B - Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Anything happened since?

O - Ehh... just a singular kiss and a date but nothing much.

B - Ooh, was she nice?

O - Well... he is to be honest...

B - HE?

O - Me and Logan kissed...

B - LOGAN?

O - I know, I don't know what I was thinking!

B - Do you like him?

O - Ollie, I think I'm gay and I think I like multiple people... my head is muddled. I'm halfway through my debut season and I haven't been the best.

B - Who do you like?

O - Logan.

B - He's nice.

O - Charles.

B - He has a girlfriend right?

O - Lando.

B - YOUR TEAMMATE? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

O - I KNOW. He got undressed in front of me today and I stupidly acted all weird about it and I don't know why!

B - Why did he get undressed in front of you?

O - Because Lando is gay! He likes me!

B - SO DATE HIM.

O - Can we change topic please?

B - Sure. What's for dessert?

O - Ice cream.

B - Lovely.

Oscar took the plates into the kitchen and brought back a few scoops of ice cream for himself and Ollie. They both sat on the sofa together, quite close to each other. They each tasted their own ice cream, Ollie had mint whilst Oscar had chocolate. Suddenly, Ollie asked for a taste of the chocolate and Oscar scooped a spoonful for him to try. As he fed him the spoonful of chocolate ice cream, Oscar accidently got some on Ollie nose. He quickly wiped his nose with a napkin. Time stopped. They stared deep into each other's eyes before their lips drew closer together like magnets. They kissed. It lasted longer than it should have. Oscar quickly pulled away.

O - Ollie... I like you too, this is why I brought you here.

B - Oh. I think I like you too.

Oscar was stunned into silence. Ollie soon finished his ice cream and it was time for him to leave. As he made his way to the front door, Ollie hugged Oscar tightly before leaving his house. Oscar closed the door and froze. What just happened?