6 ~ Spa-Francorchamps

The final race before the long-awaited summer break was at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in the Ardennes of Belgium. Thursday was the usual media day and Oscar went into the McLaren media briefing with Lando and Chief Media Officer, Charlotte, before being released into the hounds that were the journalists. As they all sat down, Zak burst into the room.

Z - Sorry to disturb the meeting but we have an urgent matter.

L - What's happened?

Z - I'm surprised you pair don't know with the amount you spend on your phones. The British media have uncovered a story about Oscar... and it's not good.

O - What?

Oscar's voice trembled, he was terrified.

Z - Apparently... Oscar was seen kissing Logan on a beach in Miami. The headline ran with "Exclusive: Scandal in Spa, F1 Star Romance With Fellow Driver."

L - Shit

L - Shit.

Tears began to stream from Oscar's eyes. His secret was out. He wasn't dating Logan, they were just friends as things stood. Lando was also frozen, he was gay and knew he could be the media's next victim.

Z - I'm not going to distress you further with the details however we need a united front. And I need a clear answer from you Oscar. What's happening?

O - I... I am...

L - Oscar, we're here for you. Trust me.

Lando put his arm around Oscar as he gently cried into Lando's chest.

Z - I'm cancelling your media duties for today. Charlotte, I want a team statement drafted and on my desk before Lando goes out to the media at noon. Lando, it is imperative we are united. Understand?

L - Zak... I am gay too.

Z - Right... okay. Get the statement out.

O - What do I do?

Z - Nothing you don't want to do.

Tears continued to stroll down Oscar's face before he gets up and leaves the room, running to his motorhome.

Oscar didn't hear from Logan for the rest of the day. He skipped his media duties and had left the circuit. Oscar went to Lando's motorhome next door. Lando answered pretty quickly.

L - Hey, are you okay?

O - No.

L - Come here.

Lando pulls Oscar into a hug.

L - I'm sorry for being pushy with you at the Chrome livery launch, looking back it was a stupid thing, I didn't know you were with Logan then. I'm really sorry.

O - I'm not dating Logan. He's a friend. The kiss was a mistake. A stupid crush! This is all my fault and now Logan has got hurt, you're gonna get hurt.

L - Oscar, I've been in F1 for five years. I know how to deal with the media. I can fight my own battles and I am here to look after you. None of this is your fault. Whether you like Logan or not is not my business. But if you think Logan is hurt because of you, you need to go to him. He needs a shoulder to cry on too.

O - I can't. I've ruined his life!

L - Go to him. Please.

O - How am I going to leave the circuit?

L - Dress incognito. I've done it before.

O - Okay. Thank you Lando.

L - You are very welcome. I will always be here for you.

Oscar got changed and left the circuit, practically running to Logan's hotel room. Within minutes and multiple near misses with cars whilst crossing the roads near to the hotel.

He arrives at Logan's hotel room, practically panting before knocking loudly on the door.

O - Logan! Open the door!

There was no answer. Not even the slightest indication Logan was there.

O - Lo... please... it's Oscar! We need to talk!

Logan opens the door,  slowly. Visibly he is distraught. Tears strolling down his face as his body is kept comfortable by his oversized dark blue hoodie.

O - Lo. Oh my god.

L - What?

O - Are you okay? We need to talk!

L - Its over.

O - What's over?

L - We were being stupid, we got caught.

O - Logan, do not give up please! We can still be together.

L - Mate, I can't do this yet. My parents don't know, they need to know first and I don't want to tell them.

O - So its over?

L - I'm sorry Oscar, I am really sorry.

Oscar left without saying a word and headed back to the circuit. He was distraught. He really liked Logan and now that it was shut down, he didn't know how to feel.

He arrived back at the circuit and immediately went to find the Media Officer, Charlotte.

O - Charlotte, I want that media organisation blacklisted from all events while I am at this team. You need to file a complaint with Formula 1 too and get them blacklisted from all F1 races too.

C - I don't have that authority.

O - Then find Zak. Just do it.

C - The statement has been drafted as well.

O - No statement. Just denials. We have to protect Lando as well and right now that's the best thing.

C - Are you sure?

O - Trust me.

C - Okay... okay.

Oscar left the office and went back to his motorhome. As he arrived at the door he saw F2 star Ollie Bearman standing outside.

B - I've seen it. I'm so sorry mate.

O - It's fine. Honestly. They were going to find out eventually. I just need to protect other people.

B - Hey, I'm here if you need me. Late-night phone call, or early morning breakfast, whenever you want. I know this is hard for you and I want to help you.

O - Thanks Ollie...