books that linked our hearts

"ah shit-"

mysta who was cleaning and emptying out his closet, found an old book which he'd unfortunately forgotten to return, it had only been a few days overdue so he quickly got dressed in his casual white t-shirt which had a little fox printed on, and a plain orange jacket with a pair of jeans coupled with a few silver rings.

"shit! ms kosaka's gonna kill me!"

mysta hurried to the library, not bothering to take his car since the library was not so far that he needed to use the car.

a few minutes later, mysta arrived at the door of the library. panting and sweating, the humidity and heat didn't make his condition any better. he used his fingers to adjust the hairs that got messed up on his head while he was running before opening the library door, feeling the air conditioning breeze past his face. he fully stepped in, closing the door behind him slowly as to not make any noise for the people that were immersed in their books.

he slowly walked up to the desk, head down as he was preparing to be scolded by his favorite ms. kosaka.

"ms. kosaka! i'm so sorry! i swear i'll never-"

"ahem... uh.. ms. kosaka isn't here right now"

mysta could feel his face heating up rapidly. 'whose that? their voice.. it's so..'

he lifted his head slowly to see someone, a really cute someone to be exact. the boys brown hair that faded to blue swayed with his every move, the gold chains attached to his glasses matched his glittery golden eyes that seemed to stare into mystas eyes, almost hypnotizing him.

"oh- i'm really sorry! here, it's a bit overdue but please let me go this time!"

mysta bowed down and held the book with both his hands, stretching them towards the other man.

"no worries, ms kosaka told me about a boy wearing a bright orange jacket, she said, 'his name is mysta, wearing an orange jacket and most of the time a white shirt with some type of fox on it, he usually forgets about the books he borrows and returns them a few days late. i would be mad but he's just too precious, hehe. he's like a son to me, make sure nothing happens to him, alright?' but i didn't know you'd be this pretty"

'pretty... he called me pretty.."

mystas face burned up even more, hearing a beautiful stranger compliment him.. no. he's just overthinking this. right? he's always blushing whenever people compliment him.. but this guy.. he just seems.. different.

"im ike, ike eveland. pleased to meet you"

ike reached out his hand for a handshake. it took the incredible detective just a few seconds to process the fact that the gorgeous man in front wanted a handshake, which just made the air between them all the more awkward.

mysta placed his hand into ike's, feeling the thin fabric of his fishnet gloves brushing against his palm.

"i'll be here if you need anything"

ike politely excused himself from the awkwardness and sat on his seemingly really short chair (or maybe it's just ike who's short)

mysta walked past ike, heart still racing, and found a quiet table to read at (yes mysta reads)

'and so, the fairytale is yet to be continued. may your curiosities be answered in the next chapter'

mysta closed the book carefully, not realizing how fast time had flown by. he got up and headed to the shelf which he'd gotten his book from to hopefully find the next chapter.

he turned his head a bit to the right to find the book he's been looking for, but he also found the one and only ike organizing the books of which people couldn't care to put properly. and to make it worse, he was organizing the very books which mysta has needed, oh what was he to do, find the courage to walk up to the charming man which had been filling his brain with unrealistic delusions, or simply walk away and not be able to sleep the night because of his future regret?

well it was too late to decide because ike had noticed him and gave him a gentle smile. 'shit how is this dude so fucking hot and cute??' mystas brain was malfunctioning but he still had enough braincells to smile back before immediately retuning to his lonely, quiet table.

"shit man.. i couldn't even get the book because of that fucking dude! why is he so fucking cute??"

mysta was mumbling to himself, head down into his hands so he couldn't see said person approaching him.

"uhm, mysta" he spoke hesitantly" i saw you looking at this book earlier and noticed that you've also finished the previous chapters so i was wondering if you'd need this?"

mysta looked up at the exact man that caused him this gay panic and a deep shade of red spread across his cheeks which he's tried to cover up.

"oh! thanks! sorry for troubling you"

"it's no problem at all, say, do you like this book?"

"yeah actually, it's my favorite, too bad the author doesn't use their actual name, it's kinda strange. what about you? do you like this book?"

ike chuckled "well i think it's natural to like the books you write yourself"

mystas eyes widened 'huh? he wrote this?' "wait.. I.E.. those are your initials too! did you actually write this books?!"

ike blushed a bit at and gently nodded

"holy shi-" mysta slammed his hands on the table and stood up, only to sit back down

"i'm sorry, i have to get going now, but one thing.."

mysta looked at ike in anticipation

"your eyes are really pretty."

ike walked away with a grin on his face while mysta was absolutely dying on the inside, i'd this were a cartoon, he'd have eyes pounding far out of his eyes and steam would appear from how fucking hot his face was.

"fuckin' hell..."

ike hid behind one of the shelves, his back falling against the hard wood and his hands were covering his crimson cheeks.

"shit man.. i couldn't even get the book because of that fucking dude! why is he so fucking cute??"

'cute? me? he called me? cute? really? seriously? is this real? a cute guy called me cute?'

ike was holding back the blush on his squishy ass cheeks ever since he heard that, in all honesty the reason he approached mysta was only because he wanted to speak with the detective a little bit more but didn't expect to hear something so.. strange.

ike looked down onto the floor and sighed "what's wrong with me today.."

——————————————-

1,120 words 6,053 characters

woah this is way longer than the previous one lmao

i have an idea for part two but i'm not sure if i should write it. so should the next one be part 2 or a different story?

also sorry this took so long! i have quite some stuff going on in my personal life and besides, this is pretty much just something i do time to time so please don't expect consistent updates!