Chapter 2

Chapter Two

I turned around to come face to face with the most adorable guy I'd ever seen.

"Um ..." What's my name again? "Who are you?"

"I'm Patrick and this is MY house, where you obviously don't live."

I decided to play dumb. What else could I do? Say to him, "I'm just pretending this is my house because there was a creepy police officer following me."? No, that doesn't happen. I said, stupidly, "Wait – this isn't my house?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Noo ..."

I plastered a really confused look on my face. He looked like he didn't know what to do. And then I pretended to wobble like I was about to pass out. He rushed to my side awkwardly, and took my arm, "steadying" me. "Are ... are you okay? Do you have amnesia or something?"

"Am – amnesia?"

"Yeah ... its where you lose your memory?"

"Oh yeah ... some guy ran me over with his bike and I guess I hit my head ..." I lied.

"Are you going to be okay?"

I looked up into his ocean blue eyes. "I t-t-think so."

Patrick was a lot taller than me – he towered over me. I guessed he was maybe around 5'10". He had light brown hair, and blue eyes, they almost looked fake. He somehow had a "little boy", "pinch his cheeks" quality about him – I liked it.

I broke myself from his grip and said, quickly, "I have to go." I reached for the doorknob behind me, still facing him. "It was nice to meet you Patrick."

I opened the door, and stumbled out. I walked down the driveway, and he shouted behind me, "You never told me your name!"

I responded with a simple, "Bye!"

I looked back at him one last time, to see a very perplexed look on his face.

I grinned to myself and walked down the sidewalk. All I cared about was getting home, and out of the cold. I zipped up my "Stitches" hoodie, put on my hood, and pulled my ipod out of my pocket and put on Kelly Clarkson's new song, "My Life Would Suck Without You."

As I walked, I was continuously checking over my shoulder cautiously for any more stalkers.

Thankfully, there were none.

One is enough, wouldn't you say?

I sighed when I finally reached my home. I was so relieved, that I sprinted to the front door.

I stepped into the front foyer and called out, "Mom, I'm home!"

She turned the corner in front of me and said, "Where have you been?"

"Detention," I lied.

"Was that Brooklyn girl giving you crap again?"

"Uh – yeah," I responded, slipping off my shoes.

"You know she's just jealous, right?"

"Yeah, mom." You tell me that everyday!

"Okay, good."

I smiled at her. "I'm going upstairs. When's dinner?"

"About 5:30," she replied.

"Kay!" And then I ran up the stairs to my bedroom.

When I got to my room, I plunked myself down on my bed and sighed for the 100th time today.

Something really awful could have happened to you today, Ashley. I told myself.