Chapter Seven

"Jake, Stewie, are you guys there?" I heard my mom's footsteps approaching the roof. At that moment, I knew I was doomed. I was so lost in the moment that I lost track of time.
"Jake, did you hear that? That's mom. What are we gonna do? I'm going crazy," I looked at Jake, puzzled.
"Calm down, baby. I've always got your back," saying that, he grabbed my hand and ran to the farthest corner of the roof just behind a pillar.
Though it was a starry night but still it was dark as it was nighttime. Mom glanced into the rooftop door but couldn't spot us due to the darkness, and because we were concealed behind a pillar. Suddenly, Jake asked for my phone and put it on silent mode in case my mom tried to call me. He did the same with his phone as well. Jake was really something. No wonder every girl in our uni was ready to risk it all for him.
After a while, mom went downstairs. Taking a sigh of relief, I noticed something. Our bodies were pressed against each other, and his arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. The distance between our lips was less than an inch. I could feel his warm breath against mine. His breath carried a pleasant, minty freshness. My gaze suddenly fell upon his lips. His lips were breathtaking as if they had been meticulously crafted by a divine hand. It was hard for me to resist myself from kissing him.
"Done eyeing my lips?" Jake smirked.
"No I'm not...I mean...I was not.." I stuttered not knowing what to say.
Giving me a nod, he gave me a look; a look that screamed that he had seen through my lies. But, that did not deter me. I was still shamelessly scrutinizing his pink, plump lips. I couldn't explain what came over me, but suddenly, I impulsively pulled him closer by his nape, silently urging him to kiss me. I brushed my lips against his as he lowered his face. He smiled against my lips and gently nibbled my lower lip. The sensation  sent shivers down my spine. I was yearning for his kiss. He planted soft kisses all over my face, pausing just as he was about to kiss my lips, clearly teasing me. I tried to play it cool, thinking I could resist his charms, but I was wrong. I couldn't hold back any longer. I pulled him closer by his collar and smashed my lips against his. After a moment, I realised that I hadn't asked for his consent and quickly pulled away.
"Ahh... sorry...Jake, I didn't mean to..."
He didn't let me finish what I was about to say and kissed me back hungrily. In a swift motion, he pinned me against the pillar, deepening the kiss. He started kissing my neck roughly followed by nipping my neck and trailing kisses down my chest. It was impossible for me to hold back my moans because the pleasure he was giving me was out of this world.
"Do you know how sexy you are, Stewie?" He asked against my skin.
I lost my sanity then and there when he pronounced my name in a new way. He paused his actions, gently brushing his fingers against my cheeks. I found myself breathless after what the tall man, who was towering over me at the time, did to me. However, I wasn't complaining; I enjoyed every moment of it. He was saying something, but I was lost in his beautiful eyes. My ears refused to hear his words as he looked so captivating under the starry night. The brown in his eyes sparkled, and I was willing to risk it all for him.
"Stewie Evans, are you even listening to me?" He said, giving me a jerk.
That sudden jerk made me come to my senses. I looked at him with puppy eyes and requested him to repeat what he was saying.
"It's been almost an hour since we ditched the party, and your mother was also looking for you; don't you think you should call her? We might get a good hammering if you don't. Call Kavya right away," he said, his brown eyes fixated on me.
Taking my phone out of my pocket, I was shocked. There were 15 missed calls from mom. Without thinking twice, I called her.
"Hello.... mom?"
"Honey, is this you? Where are you? Why didn't you pick up my calls? Are you alright? Are you safe? I have been looking for you for the last 30 minutes. I was so worried. Are you okay, darling?"
"Mom, don't worry. I don't know how my phone got silenced. Sorry, mom, for not receiving your calls. I'm extremely sorry. It was so congested inside that I came outside with Jake to get some fresh air then we walked down the street and found a cute café. It was so cold outside that we decided to have some hot chocolate. We're coming back in a flash. Did you guys have dinner?"
"Please don't do this the next time. I'll let it slide this time since it's a New Year's party. You will be grounded for a month if you do this again. And,no, I haven't had my dinner yet. I am waiting for you to come back."
"Momma, don't wait for me. Go have dinner with dad. Jake and I will eat together, so don't worry, I won't be eating alone."
"Okay, come fast."
That was how our conversation ended.Thank God, my mother didn't get mad at me. Good thing that I noticed there was a café down the street while I was on my way to my aunt's house.
"We should go downstairs now or else your mom will be super mad at both of us," Jake said, squeezing my hand.
That day, we were saved by the bell. The party went on until midnight, and everyone had a great time. Since it was late, my parents offered Jake a ride home, which turned out to be super fun – at least for them and Jake. They didn't miss a chance to tease me.
The next morning, I woke up late at 11 o'clock and rushed to the bathroom to freshen up without wasting any time. When I looked in the bathroom mirror, I was shocked to see multiple hickeys on my neck. Without knowing what to do, I FaceTimed Jake.
"Aww, did my Stew miss me so much that he called me the moment he woke up?" he cooed.
"Missed you, my ass. Just look at what you've done," I panicked as I showed him the hickeys.
"Holy cow! I'm so sorry, baby. I have a solution. I'll come over right away. My mother bought a foundation and a concealer a few days ago that can hide dark spots, acne marks, and any kind of flaw flawlessly. She was raving about how good the combo was the other day. We can use them to hide your hickey marks. My mother isn't home, so I can just borrow them for now."
                      _________________
Our university was set to resume in a week, so we decided to make the most of that time by having fun together. Jake and I frequently hung out because we wanted to enjoy ourselves, and since he lived nearby, he visited my place regularly.
Finally, it was D-Day. Jake and I were doing an MBA in finance. Though we had known a lot of people in our uni, no one was as close as our friend Rose. We met Rose a year ago on the first day of our Uni year. She was one of those people who didn't have a crush on Jake. She was pretty cool. We decided to spend Christmas together, but she went on a trip to London with her parents. We last met her before the winter holidays. I was pretty excited to hang out with her again. Both Rose and Jake would join me in the second class because they both woke up late. Generally, Jake sat next to me, but I had to sit alone in the first class as he was not present. Entering the classroom, I was greeted by my classmates. Keeping my bag beside me, I settled into my seat.
After a brief interval, our professor walked into the classroom, accompanied by a young boy by her side. With a warm smile, she greeted the class, ''Good morning, students! I hope you're all doing well. I have some exciting news to share. Please allow me to introduce our new exchange student, Shawn.'' She turned towards Shawn and continued, ''Shawn, would you kindly introduce yourself?"
"Sure, ma'am. Hello to all my fellow classmates, I'm Shawn Adams. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm hopeful that you'll all extend your cooperation as I've only recently relocated here, and I'm still unfamiliar with this place," he expressed, making eye contact with each person in the room.
Shawn Adams has a tall and imposing stature.  He is not only tall but stands at an impressive 6 feet, which makes him stand out in a crowd. He carries himself with confidence, making his presence noticeable when he enters a room. He has a lean and athletic physique, suggesting that he takes care of his physical fitness. His voice is deep and resonant, which adds to his magnetic personality when he speaks.
"Ma'am, where can I sit?" he asked, turning towards our professor.
She searched for empty seats, and there weren't many available as it was the first day after the holidays, with almost every seat occupied. I didn't want him to sit beside me, so I scooted to the middle and tried not to draw her attention. However, luck wasn't on my side that day. She noticed me and instructed Shawn to sit next to me.
"Hi! I'm Shawn Adams. And you?"
"I'm Stewie Evans."
"Stewie? Awww! You've got such a cute name just like your face," he winked.
"That was hilarious," I fake laughed not knowing what to reply.
"No, I was serious. You're cute just like your name," he said, giving me a genuine smile.
"Well, thanks! I'm not so good at receiving compliments," I replied with an awkward smile.
"It's okay. Not a big deal at all. So, would you like to be my friend?" He asked, looking at me with his big, doe eyes.
"Why not? Sure," I smiled back.
Shawn was quite extroverted and friendly. He had a great sense of humor, too. It didn't take long before I felt comfortable with him. We attended the first class together. After the class ended, Shawn kept talking about how he got lost on campus two times before the professor found him. He was very bubbly and talkative, but he didn't bore me. He described everything in such a funny way that it made me laugh.
"I really like your sense of humor. I never thought I would laugh like this with a person whom I met just an hour ago," I said still laughing.
"I am glad that you like my sense of humor. Don't worry, I'll make your upcoming days filled with laughter and joy. Everyone around me calls me 'sunshine' for a reason," he said, gently squeezing my shoulder.
I rolled my eyes playfully at him and we both laughed like idiots. I was unaware that a set of caramel brown eyes observed me from a distance, and by the time I became aware, it was already too late.

A/N: I've put my heart and soul into crafting this chapter, and your likes, comments, and enjoyment mean a great deal to me. Plus, it's my favorite chapter to date. Enjoy the read!