Prologue

Gotham City

Batman was perched over a tall building, staring down into the city.

Suddenly, a certain red and blue, arachnid hero landed beside him out of nowhere

Spider-Man: Hey! Sorry I'm late.

Batman: You're always late.

Spider-Man: Yeah, that's kinda my thing. Where's Robin?

Batman: Grounded.

Spider-Man: (sarcastic) Oh, let me guess. He stabbed someone with that sword of his?

Batman: Hey, he came with the sword, okay?

Spider-Man: You know, he's not an action figure, Bruce. You can take the dang sword out of his hands.

Batman: Like hell I can.

Spider-Man: (deadpan) You're an adult trained in every conceivable way to kill a man, yet you can't take a sword away from a teenager?

Batman: Oh no, you're absolutely right. Do you wanna take it away from him?

Spider-Man widened his lenses, before slowly turning his head, ignoring the question. Batman then smirks at his old apprentice.

Batman: That's what I thought.

As police sirens were heard, Batman and Spider-Man nod at each other, before heading to the scene. Both Batman and Spider-Man swung from a building, before activating their gliders and flying off into the distance.

———

At the Gotham City Bank, the entrance explodes, pushing back some civilians. From behind the rubble, three individuals in masks run out with bags filled with cash. Just as they were about to get away, Spider-Man lands in front of them.

Spider-Man: Really, guys? Who even robs banks anymore, and...wait, did you guys do that?

Spider-Man's spider-senses then activate, as one of the thugs aims their blaster at him, before shooting, revealing that he wasn't carrying a normal firearm. They each appeared to have sonic weapons of their own. As Spider-Man dodged the blast, a car from behind gets blown up.