Chapter 2

𝙇𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙞 𝙋𝙤𝙫

     "I want to get to know you,"

     Beyonce wants to get to know me. What do I even say?

     "Well, my name is Laylani Jones and I'm 37-"

     "No Laylani I want to get to know the real you. If we're going to be working together I want you to be comfortable with me. I don't want to hear about Ms. Jones, I want to know about Laylani,"

     Laylani. Who am I? Who am I outside of Ms. Jones who works for Telfar? 

     "Well...I'm not really sure what to say here. Fashion has been my whole life," I answered. What else am I supposed to day?

     "What got you in to designing? Like what was your spark?" She asked. I searched her face and noticed that her eyes shone with curiosity. It's like she genuinely wants to get to know me. 

     "Ever since I as little I've been designing outfits, the idea of being able to design something and bring it to life always brought me to it. Like I could really make something and wear it and feel confident in the fact that I made it," I'm really just going off the dome here. "It's just been a love of mine since I was little and as I grew so did my love for fashion,"

     "That's beautiful Lay," She smiled. 

     "Lay?"

     "Oh my goodness I'm so sorry it just slipped out-" She stammered.

     "Its fine, I don't mind it," I reassured. "It's a cute nickname,"

     "Are you sure?"

     "Like you said earlier, we're going to be working together we might at well get comfortable with eachother BB," I replied. Bold. I gotta be bold. 

     "BB?"

     "You gave me a nickname it's only fair that I give you one,"

     "You're starting to grow on me Lay, let's skip work and spend the day getting to know eachother,"

     Holy fuck. Beyonce wants to play hooky with me? Like skip work with me? Laylani Jones. Oh Wow. 

     "No disrespect BB but don't you have meetings and other things to attend to that's more important then skipping work to hang out with me?" 

    "Nonesense. You do know that I own the busines right? I can change things to my convenience. I also think it's beneficial that I spend the day getting to know the woman that I'll be working with," She replied. 

     "If you insist BB,"

     "Wonderful! Now lets head downstairs, my driver should be here right about now," 

~

     "So what's your favorite genre of movie?"

     After dropping my belongings off at my new office BB decided that we should go to a cafe and get some lunch. I obviously said yes because it's food and I was hungry. We were currently at a small cafe that she goes too often. We had already ordered and now we're waiting on our food. 

     "Horror one-thousand percent," I answered. 

     "Why in the fuck do you like horror? You know black people don't do that shit," She quietly whispered, looking around the cafe.

     "Chill BB, I just enjoy the thrill and the chase. I really like true crime too, It's like a peek into a killer's mind. It's super interesting," I explained. "What about you?"

     "I absolutely adore romance, especially since I'm a hopeless romantic myself,"

     "What's your favorite romance movie?"

     "It's not a movie thoughhh," She pouted. The way she poked her lips out is adorable. 

     "It doesn't matter to me, what is it?"

     "It's a show called Dickenson, its about Emily Dickenson and its super good," 

     "I've heard of it but I've never watched it. Is it good?"

     He face dropped at the mention of me never watching the show. She looked astonished. 

     "Oh my God Lay its so fucking good, you HAVE to watch it," 

     "Let's make a deal," I persuaded. "If you watch my favorite horror trilogy with me then I'll watch Dickinson with you,"

     She nodded her head as she assessed her options. Weighing out the pros and the cons in her head. Her concentration face was so cute. She nibbled on her lip as she slightly squinted her eyes and furrowed her brows. The look made me just want to...Wait a damn minute. This is my boss we're talking about. There is no way that she's gay and besides, I can't do it. I have to keep things proffesional, or at least semi-proffesional since we work together. I can't be thinking like this. I was snapped out of my thoughts by her response. 

     "What trilogy is it? My answer depends on this so choose wisely,"

      "The Fear Street Trilogy. It's not super scary but it has an amazing plotline and love story so I feel like you would like it. Please BB?" It was my turn to pout now. I'm getting her to watch a scary movie with me. 

     "Do you promise it's not that scary? I'm not good with horror,"

     "I promise BB, the worst you'll see is some gore and jumpscares," I looked at her helpfully as she continued to weigh her options. 

     "Looks like I'm watching Fear Street," She smiled as I began to cheer. I got BB to agree to watch a scary movie with me AND It's one of my favorites. The sounds of her laughs filled the small cafe as I happy danced in my seat. 

     "When do you wanna watch it?" I asked. 

     "We can do it today if you want, I have all the stuff for a movie night at my house. Besides, why end our day here when we can keep the party going?" 

    Today. Like right now? Beyonce is inviting me over her house to have a movie night today? In the year 2023? I have got to stop fangirling and keep my cool. She's a normal person just like me. Yea, normal girl like Solana says in her song. 

     "Yea I'm down for a movie night. What time should we meet up?" 

     "Honestly, do you want to head to my house after we eat? You said it's three movies which is a while and I wanna show you Dickenson after so if we leave after we eat we'll have enough time,"

     "I'm in my work clothes though, I like to be comfortable during my movie nights," I sheepishly replied. 

     "Then you can borrow some of my clothes, I don't mind at all,"

     "Are you sure BB,"

     "Absolutely positive!"

     "Then let's leave after we eat!" I smiled as our waitress sat our food in front of us. I chuckled as she silently cheered about our movie night. What she said next made me almost choke on my honey butter chicken biscuit. 

     "It's a date then,"

Author's Note

Thoughts?

Comment!! I love hearing your guys' thoughts and opinions! They really make my day. And besides, they may influence how the story goes. It's happened once and it may happen again.....

Stay fresh cheesebags <3