Chapter 4

𝘽𝙚𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚'𝙨 𝙋𝙤𝙫

     I tried to get closer to the warmth lying under me. I nuzzled my face into something soft and smooth, that smelled like pomegranates, amber, and vanilla. I let out a sigh as I enjoyed the warmth. I relaxed into the embrace of another person's arms, it felt nice. 

     Another person? 

     My eyes shot open as I remembered last night. Laylani came over and we watched Fear Street, then we started watching Dickenson and then I don't remember. How did I end up on her lap and in her arms? How did she end up in my house? I peered up to see her knocked out cold, her hair messy, and her mouth open. She looked peaceful, unlike me who was currently panicking. I slowly climbed out of her lap and laid the weighted blanket on her to replace my weight. I grabbed my phone out of the cup holder and quietly walked out of the theatre, I paced the hall until I ran up to my room and locked the door. I have no idea what I did but I need to talk this out with somebody. I locked my door and called the two people I trust the most, Solo and Kelly. the phone rang a few times before Kelly picked up. 

     "Bey, why are you calling our group chat at ten in the morning? Some of us like to sleep in," She groaned. I propped the phone up on my nightstand and flopped onto my bed. 

     "Kelly I messed up and I'm so confused," I whined as I curled into a fetal position. 

     "What the fuck did you do and why the fuck are you moping around?" Solo asked as she made her grand entrance. "Do I need to fight someone?" 

     "Nooooo" I whined. "I made a mistake but I liked it?"

     "B we can't help you if you don't tell us what's wrong," Kelly consoled. I sat up and turned so that I was facing my phone. I pulled my knees to my chest and sighed. 

     "You guys know how I had the meeting with Telfar yesterday to meet Laylani Jones? Well, she agreed and we moved her things to my office and went to lunch so that I could get to know her better"

     "I don't see a problem here, you wanted to get to know the woman that you're going to be working with," Solo spoke. 

     "That's not the problem. The problem is that we played hooky and she came over to my house for a movie night and I woke up in her lap," I groaned flopping down onto my bead again. 

     "Pardon me?" Kelly grilled with surprise evident in her voice. 

     "BeyBey you fuckin your coworker?" Solo laughed. 

      "No that's SO unprofessional Sis," I sassed. "We watched scary movies and I kept getting scared and I guess I just ended up in her lap. I didn't plan on it," 

     "A, this woman got you watching scary movies after three hours when I haven't even been able to get you to watch the horror movie that I was in?" Kelly grilled. "B, why didn't you just get off of her lap when the movie was over? You say you woke up there which means that after you finished the movie you stayed,"

     "I don't know how any of this happened, it's like when I"'m around her she just draws me in. She has such a warm and safe aura and it just breaks through all of my walls. It's super weird, like when we were watching the movie she let me hold her hand because I was getting scared and I felt all warm and fuzzy,"

     "Sounds like somebody has a crushhhhh," Solo teased. 

     "That's bull Solo, I couldn't have feelings for somebody that I work with," I defended. 

     "Although that's true, you aren't doing a good job at showing us you have no feelings. You dropped basically all professionalism and played hooky with this girl you just met held her hand, and voluntarily sat on her lap and slept there," Kelly explained. 

     Well, when she puts it like that she makes it sound like I have feelings for Laylani, but I don't. I'm straight and she's my coworker. 

     "Next you're gonna be telling us her voice is sexy and you let her wear your clothes," Solo smirked. 

     "Well her voice is kinda sexy. On the way to my house, she had aux and played ICU and her voice is just so sultry, like I could listen to her sing for hours," I admitted. "Plus she's wearing some of my clothes right now,"

     "Bey you let this woman wear your clothes?" Kels interrogated. 

     "She was in her work clothes and she wanted to be comfortable so I lent her some clothes, no biggie," I defended. 

     "Has she given them back?" Solo asked. "Yo ass need to put them in the wash before you start feening for her smell," 

     "No she hasn't because she's still wearing them," I admitted. 

     "Bey don't tell me that woman is still at your house," Kelly pressed. I lowered my head and covered my face with my hands. You could hear the collective gasps from the two women on the phone. 

     "Bey you need to go get her and talk to her, why are you in here on the phone with us and you have company over? Mama raised us better than that," Solo scolded. 

     "I'm team Solo girl, you have to go talk to her and explain that what happened last night can't be a normal thing. You have to maintain some professionalism, Bey," Kelly explained. 

     "You're right but how do I bring it up?" I sighed. If I never played hookey and let my guard down I wouldn't be in this situation. Stupid head, feeling fuzzy and getting me in this situation. 

     "Girl just set boundaries and tell her it's simply a work relationship. At this point you already have a crush on her so you need to distance yourself and maintain professionalism with her," Solo explained as Kelly nodded her head. 

     "I don't have a crush on Lay," I defended. 

     "Lay?" Kelly asked. 

     "Yea sis you whipped," Solo laughed. "Call us when you're ready to admit you have feelings and go talk to that woman you have in your house," 

     "Good luck sis," Kelly added before they both left the call. 

     What am I supposed to do now? I don't know how to bring it up to her and I know that as soon as I see her I'm going to get that fuzzy feeling in my head and not be able to make any coherent decisions. I left my room and walked downstairs to see Laylani in the kitchen cooking breakfast. She had on a pair of my pajama shorts and a black crop top that showed her abs and her curves. Damn, she looks good. 

     "Morning Bey," She rasped in her morning voice. "I made breakfast,"

     Her voice sounds so fucking sexy right now. I looked over her figure again, her hair was in a messy bun and her underboob peeked out from under the crop top as her ass peeked out from the shorts she wore. How did I not notice how good she looked last night? My head got that fuzzy feeling again as I stood there wondering, how the fuck am I supposed to tell her we need to be work friends when she looking that sexy

Author's Note

Thoughts?

Comment!! I love hearing your guys' thoughts and opinions! They really make my day. And besides, they may influence how the story goes. It's happened once and it may happen again.....

Stay fresh cheesebags <3