Caged

Anne stroked her plumped belly

Anne stroked her plumped belly. Henry wasn't going to have her chained due to her state. Her children were safe away from her. Christiana's cries were fresh in her mind. Anne heard someone walk into the tent. Anne looked up, scoffing. "Why are you here? You want to see me begging at Henry's feet. Do you want to see me trying to seduce him," Anne said. "I don't know what I want. All I know is I have troubles on my back," Charles said. 

He didn't know why he was in the tent. He had nightmares of the three tortured men—their screams—the cutting of their flesh. "I was the one who told Henry you were having men in your apartments. I wanted you to be sent to a nunnery," Charles said, waiting for Anne to yell at him. 

Anne blinked her eyes. She shrugged. "He was going to get rid of me one way or the other," Anne said, no reaction out of her."I thought you were horrible. The cause of everything, but now I see it not, you or Cromwell," Henry could decide what to do. "The sight of you is making me sick," Anne said, hoping Charles would leave.

"The thought of Elizabeth makes you sick?" Charles asked slyly. "George, Geoffrey?" Charles added her other children. Anne's head snapped at the mention of her children."What of your children with Frances?" Charles asked. "I mean, they are the children of a rival king. We both know Henry wants to be remembered," Charles said, walking out the door. 

"Majesty," France looked up at the rider. "What?" Frances asked the Frenchmen. "King Henry has your family," the rider stuttered out. Frances looked at the Danish king. Henry had targeted Boulogne. Frances had thought  Henry would target Calas, but no. He targeted and seized Boulogne.

Henry Tudor walked into the tent where Anne was in. He could have her kill on those false chargers. Anne was staring into oblivion."Do you love him?" Henry asked, referring to Francis. He wanted Anne to say no. That her and Francis were a game to make him jealous. "Why do you care in your mind I'm whore," Anne said. "Just please, answer the question," Henry said, clenching his fingers. He was trying to keep his temper in check.

"I do love him," Anne said, meeting his eyes. Henry felt his heart snapping like an arrow."Would you give me a second chance?" Henry asked. Anne arched an eyebrow, staring at Henry like he was crazed. Was he stupid? She had been charged with trumped-up charges. Would he love him? "You killed my brother. I had to give birth to our children in a guarded tower," Anne yelled. "Are you insane?" Anne asked, screaming. "I love you," Henry said, sitting down. 

He tried to reach for one of Anne's hands. She pulled her hands out of his reach. "I did love you, Henry. And where did that love get me? A dead brother," Anne said, gazing at Henry. Henry avoided her gaze like a guilty child, avoiding punishment. "What's going to happen to my children?" Anne asked, referring to the children she shared with Francis.

Anne wanted to believe Henry wouldn't harm them. Then she remembered he sent his child cousin to the block. All because he couldn't get his hands on Reginald Pole. "That depends on," Henry said, pointing his hand to Anne. "Depends on what?" Anne asked, eyebrow arched. "Your behaver," Henry said.