Chapter two

3rd Person's P.O.V from here on

The music is playing loud and everyone is trying to have a good time. Rose can see that her mother is trying to cheer her up while Eileen keeps checking up on her to see if she's okay. Her father is only minding his own business, trying to stay out of trouble. Garth stands by the table with his glass of whiskey watching his daughter jumping up and down dancing along with Shirley and her mother. Eileen takes a seat at the table by him and looks up at him.

"It took her so long to settle down and now..." he shakes his head in disappointment. Exhausted, Rachel forces herself away from the dancing and walk to them. She throws herself down next to Eileen, trying to catch her breath.

"This is so not for me anymore," she laughs and looks around her for a glass. Garth glares at her and gives his glass. She grabs it and drinks every last drop in the glass. "Thanks."

"No problem," Garth responds and looks at Eileen, who sits there silently watching the dancefloor.

"Rose is a strong girl," Eileen says and sighs. "She's always been. I believe that deep down in my heart, she will move on and either get too self dependant or fall in love with the right person."

"I think we failed as parents," Rachel says and clears her throats. "Not you, Eileen. Garth and I are the reason she always crops up. We weren't... the parents she needed. You're the best stepmom she could ask for."

"Wow, after all these years," Eileen chuckles and looks over at her. Rachel smiles at her and raises an eyebrow. Perhaps, it's just the alcohol talking. "Thank you, Rachel."

"Don't get too comfortable with me. Ask Garth, I can still be a bitch," Rachel tells her. Hopelessly, she looks at her daughter again. "I haven't had sex in five years, and trust me. It's catching up on me. Which is probably why I can't handle the dancefloor anymore."

Garth and Eileen look at her, both bursting out in laughter. Rose runs up to them and grab her mother's hand.

"We're doing shots!" Rose shouts and drags her mother to the bar. Rachel follows obediently, and before she knew it, she held two shot glasses in each hand. "Mom, are you up for body shots later?"

"Hmmm-mmm," Rachel agrees. They rushed back to Eileen and Garth, who watched them closely. She gives one shot to Eileen, and Rose gives one to her dad.

"Three, two, one!" Rose shouts and down hers along with everyone else. Eileen coughs by hers and gets up to get herself water to swallow down the burn. Rachel laughs and looks at the young man, who accidentally walks into her, spilling his shot on her chest.

"Oh shit," she laughs, and when she wants to grab a napkin, he grabs her around the waist and opens her mouth on her chest sucking on the wetness on her skin. "Woah!"

Rose gasps and look at them in disbelief. Garth stands up straight, a little uncomfortable by this scene. The young guy moved his face up to her neck, and till this moment, it wasn't just to suck up the liquid he spilled on her.

"I'm getting laid tonight!" Rachel shouts. Clearly, she is beyond herself, drunk, and not thinking straight.

"Not tonight," Garth says and grabs her arm, pulling her away from the guy.

"Come on," Rose says unhappily and pushes her friend away. "Go play with your friends."

"Ohhh, somebody is jealous," Rachel giggles and throws her arms around Garth's neck. "Pretty smooth for a married man."

"What was in those shots?" Garth asks his daughter and gently removes himself from her grasp.

"Oh, she started drinking the moment she got here," Rose laughs and grabs her drink from Shirley, which came to them. "The shots are the cherry on the cake."

"I'm not that drunk," Rachel laughs. "And you just ruined my one chance to have some fun. I don't get to say anything about you screwing Eileen, do I?"

"Rachel, that man is the same age as our daughter," Garth defends himself. "And Eileen is my wife, so yes, I get to screw her."

"Hmmm, you think you're the only one that gets to screw your wife? Watch me, Garth Howard," Rachel says and glares at him. A little nervous at the threat, Garth looks around for his wife. Eileen put her bottle of water down on the table and took a seat. Rachel grabbed her hand and pulled her up. "Let's dance."

Eileen followed her to the dancefloor, where Rachel pulled her close to her and started dancing against her. Eileen laughs and dances along with her like women would do at a club.

"Oh shit," Rose laughs and hits her father's arm. Horrified, he watches them. It's not the fact that Eileen never dances like this that scares him. It's Rachel. She's become so loose and daring. Something she never was back then. "I see trouble times ten."

"If your mother dares to do something inappropriately, I will take Eileen and leave," Garth says, keeping his eyes glued on them. "That woman is crazy."

"We're just having fun," Rose says and runs to the dj, turning the music up. Garth burns up from inside, watching his wife dancing with his ex-wife.

"Yho momma!" One of them shouts and whistles. Eileen laughs and looks at Rachel. She winks at her and grabs Eileen's face, planting a big smooch on her lips. Horrified, Eileen looks at her when she pulls away and dances around, throwing her hands on the air.
Garth grabs her hand and pulls her away from the dancefloor. Confused, Eileen looked around her then at Garth.

"We're going home," Garth says angrily.

"No, wait," Eileen stops him, looking at the dancefloor, then at him again. "I want to stay a little longer."

He blinks in disappointment. Awkwardly, she rushes away from him to the dancefloor, joining the youngsters again, finding Rose to be the nearest so she doesn't dance alone. He looks at Rachel, who stands on the table, drinking up a whole cyder. There's cheering around her. She shouts in victory and throws the bottle away.
Angrily, he walks to the table. She goes and sits on the table, smiling wickedly at him.

"Can I talk to you?" He asks above the music.

"We're taking body shots in a while," she replies and shakes her head. "I'm going to be half naked on that table. You can watch or leave, but your wife stays."

He grabs her and pulls her over his shoulder, carrying her out. She laughs in her drunkenness and slams his butt till he makes it outside with her. He put her down to her feet, looking angrily at her.

"I've always known you to be a bitch, but I never knew you were such a whore!" He shouts at her looking around him trying to calm down. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm having fun. Perhaps you should try that for once," she replies and hit his chest. "Then you wouldn't walk around with a stick in your ass."

"Fun? This isn't fun, Rachel! This is fucked up!"

"Look, I'm sorry I kissed your wife and that she doesn't want to go home with you, okay? Now, can you get out of my face?"

"This isn't about kissing Eileen, Rachel! I don't know this side of you!" He shouts angrily. She laughs and pushes herself against him. He looks uncomfortably down at her.

"Yeah? Then you should know that this is my life and I do things differently. I kiss who I want, I drink what I want and I fuck who I want," she whispers and push her chin up. He looks down then at her face. Obviously, she's drunk, but she's still somewhere in there. "Don't worry, I won't screw your wife. I can do myself for that. It's not like I'm not fucking myself every night anyway. It might've been a while since I had someone pounding deep and hard in me till my flesh felt like ripping, and everything burning, but at least I don't act like someone who's not getting any. Are you and Eileen even sharing a bed."

Garth stands there horrified. She winks at him before rushing back inside to join the party. He ran his hand over his mouth, slowly catching his breath.