Flufftober 11: Baking- D.M.

When Draco told me he had never baked before, I made no hesitation to drag the lad to the kitchen and fix that problem. "L/n!? Where are we going-?" He stammers, taken aback by the sudden action.

Draco and I have never truly been friends, so I understand why this is such a surprise for him as I drag him out of the Slytherin common room. "We're going to bake, obviously," I roll my eyes sarcastically with a smirk that I hope goes unnoticed. 

The two of us somehow sneak around the castle all the way into the hidden kitchen, "I didn't even know this was here..." He admits looking around at the elves working away, "Y/n!!" One of the elf's walk up to me and I smile softly, "'Ello Ellis? How is everyone doing?" I crouch down and hug her, "Oh wonderful Miss. Y/n! We plan on serving extra pudding for breakfast tomorrow!"

I smile softly, "That's lovely Ellis, I have a question, do you mind?" She shakes her head, "Anything for Miss. Y//n!" I continue smiling at her, "Thank you. Do you and the others mind if Malfoy and I use the kitchen for a bit?" 

"No! Not at all Miss! Just be sure to clean up afterwards, the kitchens all yours, Miss. Y/n!" Ellis smiles and turns to face the others, "Miss. Y/n has requested to use the kitchens, clear out!" 

And the others do just that, along with Ellis. 

I glance over at Draco and walk over towards the fridge, "Be a dear and get the flour, form the cabinet over there." I point to the cabinet across the way from the fridge. While I grab eggs and milk for a cake, I hear his shoes click against the marble flooring. I turn around and place the eggs and milk on the center island and look over at Draco who is staring at the cabinet.

"Have you found it?" I ask, walking over to him. He shakes his head before reluctantly speaking up, "Umm honestly, I um don't know what it looks like." I stifle a laugh and slide my body in front of his and stand on my tip toes, grabbing the flour.

"Red and white bag," I grin at him and place it on the counter next to the other ingredients. He also grabs the bag of sugar, putting it next to the flour, which is surprising that he knew what the sugar looked like but not the flour.

I grab a mixing bowl, pan and measuring cups. I pass him the measuring cup and give him measurements of each item to put into the mixing bowl, watching him try to pour flower into a smaller cup has made all of this worth it already. He was either putting too much or not enough of certain items in the bowl. Like a half of cup of flour instead of a full cup. 

"Could you set the oven to 350 degrees? It will automatically fix itself," I state adding and correcting the cake batter and I also begin on the frosting. 

I pour the batter into the glass pan and slide it into the heated stove, "Alright Malfoy, let's play a game." I say hoping on top of the counter. "Why would we do that?" He questions, crossing his arms and leaning against the counter. 

"Two truths, one lie," I remark ignoring his question. "Okay here we go, I want to be your friend, my last name is L/n and I'm a Hufflepuff." He looks at me confused, "Isn't it supposed to be one lie and not two?"

I burst into laughter, "You can't be this daft Draco." I smile softly, "My last name is L/n, and I'm definitely not a Hufflepuff. I wish to be a friend of yours Draco." He looks at me with wide eyes, "W-why would you want that?" His eyes look into mine, etched with confusion. I shrug, "Why not is the real question." I smirk at him as he remains silent.

"I guess I can give it a go now. I have feelings for you, I'm a Slytherin and I'm a pureblood." He states confidently, stepping closer towards me. I stare into his eyes with a slight shock, not knowing what to say. 

Draco says with a smirk, "I think I win." 

_______
WHOOO

Flufftober day: Baking

Word count: 726
Don't be a ghost reader!