ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 7

Welcome░back (緯 め)

"Please forgive me, I did not know who you were before. I promise it won't happen again."

Y/n's eyes narrowed, she would not be over this so easily. She held onto grudges with an iron grip. "So?" Was all she said, not caring for such an apology.

"I did not know who you were, I did not know Muzan-sama had a daughter. P-please forgive me!" Daki pleaded for her life. "I-I promise it will not happen again! Please!"

"What makes you think I would accept such an apology from you? You should be sorry, begging and crying for my forgiveness." Y/n stated, and what she said was the truth.

"I beg of you! Please!"

"Oh shut up. Get back to your work, you have demon slayers coming here to take your head." Leaning into her face, Y/n's eyes had a different glint sending shivers down Daki's being. "And for once, I hope they do."

With that, she disappeared into mist, leaving only a stunned Daki in the room.

Sitting on top of buildings, watching the city during the night as one could see were the red and other colorful lights of the district. Everything was peaceful for her at that moment, despite the fact that her entire race was being hunted and dying out there. Y/n could have passed on by now, but her spirit right now was held back due to the fact that she wanted the demon slayers dead before she could leave.

The night was like any other within the district, nothing seemed out of the ordinary, nothing special happened like always. The human world, nothing much happened unless something was causing trouble on purpose. But tonight, something might just happen honestly, a sixth perhaps that something was going to happen. Not that it was any of her concern anyway, no one except for her father could see her. She made herself visible to Daki cause she chose to be seen by her, but now she was back to being like everyone else.

The human world, thinking about it just made her bored. Y/n lied down on the roof, back against the curved top of the building. When she first died, she had a glimpse of what the demonic version of the world looked like, she would rather live there. But she gave all that to help her father, now, she wanted to leave him behind. Muzan had been anything but a father to her, would she even help anymore after he so clearly showed that he did not care if she helped him or not. Y/n decided to give him one more chance, but after that and he still was like that, then she would just leave. That is it.

Over the next week or so nothing had happened, but she did catch a couple of demon slayers that had gone undercover to find the upper moon that was rumored to be in the district, which meant they were trying to find Daki. Just thinking of her name made Y/n gag.

Chilling on top of the tallest building within the district, letting her have access to the entire district. One moment it was peaceful with the usual sounds, the next an explosion went off in the distance. Seeing this made her smile, finally something interesting was happening after all.

Buildings soon exploded, no doubt killing different people. Y/n saw lightning, fire all in the distance where the source of the problem no doubt started.

The explosions went across the city, destroying more buildings in its wake, and soon half of the city was in shambles.

Y/n enjoyed the show from the top, it took about a couple of hours before everything calmed down finally. And it seemed that the upper moon sixes had been defeated. Teleporting to where the damage was, she saw two heads that were next to each other, and no doubt they were the two siblings that were fading away.

Gyutaro and Daki were yelling at each other, they soon faded away fully and when they opened their eyes they were in void like space. One side was fire the other was the light. In the middle, where they currently stood they also saw Y/n standing with her head held high. Daki, or rather Ume bowed down until her head touched the floor, still pleading for such forgiveness from her.

"You are already dead, and yet you still plead for my forgiveness. Why?" Y/n's tone was rather bland, even though this would be a heart touching moment to anyone else.

"It was because of me that you and Muzan-sama do not get along, it is my fault." Ume explained, almost crying as she said it.

"You are right, it is your fault. But there is nothing you can do about it now is there? So what is the point of you apologizing now." Y/n declared, clear as crystal she said trying to get this pathetic display of her sight.

The older sighed before pinching the bridge of her nose and closing her eyes. "Hurry up and choose where you are going to go, I do not want to be here all day."

The two children went back and forth a bunch of times, before finally they decided to go together into the fire. Ume on Gyutaro's back, crying as she hugged him and he carried her into Hell together.

"What? Is that supposed to make me feel bad for them? As if. They knew exactly what they signed up for ever since they accepted to become demons from Douma. They could have said no and just died then. Oh well. How sad."

Back in the real world, the city was in ruins as it was nothing but piles of sticks and planks of wood that had been broken during the fight.

There was nothing left here for her to see, there was no point to stay anymore.

Going back to the infinity fortress to kill time for a bit before something else came up.

Just then, the upper moons came faster than she realized. Guess there was something interesting happening after all.

Wake░Up? (浦岡ば)