CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Sienna's POV.

After I hung up from Dad's call, I quickly wrapped all I needed for that day and hurried to school. I was late again but thankfully, the teacher hadn't come in yet. We had some practicals at the lab that morning and I didn't want to miss it, I couldn't miss it.
"You are late." Johnathan said as I sat.
I only shrugged and put on my lab cloth. I looked around for Octavia, I saw her. Our eyes met but she rolled them off.
"She's still mad?" I turned to Nathan.
"I haven't spoken to her today, she looks like she wants to be left alone." he sighed.
"And you let her?"
"What am I supposed to do?" he said raising a brow.
"Sorry." I told him and the teacher walked in.

We had that class and then two others and then it was time for lunch.
"Did you later get to talk with Jason?"
"Nah, he has been ignoring."
"Gone to his place?"
"What for?"
"He is your gaddamn neighbour and he should know better concerning Al that happened between them." Nathan said and I only nodded. He was right. I stared at Octavia's position for a while and Nathan already knew what I was thinking.
"I advise you leave her be, Cee. She's trying to stay away from us and it looks like she is avoiding you more." he said.
"I just want to know, I'm curious."

  I walked to Octavia's seat while she was about leaving.
"Tavia." I called.
"It's OC-TA-VIA." She emphasized and stretched out, giving me a straight face.
"I'm sorry, Octavia. What's wrong?"
"I do not understand you." She replied and I exhaled and sighed.
"You know exactly what I am talking about. The whole thing with Jason and you haven't been speaking to Nathan and me... what is it all about?"
"You know, for you to still come here and ask is one Audacity. But you thinking I'd give a response? Who do you think you are?"she sounded rather rude but managed to keep a calm composure and voice. "I owe you no explanation Sienna." she added.
"Then what's with the whole attitude? I do not like seeing you like this..."
"ha ha, what are you now? My mom?" I was still talking when she interrupted and replied sarcastically. I was thrown off balance and I wasn't even sure of what to say next. "Stop moving around like you want to replace Olivia. Do you understand me? If you have done that in Jason's life, then you shouldn't even try or come close to being with me. I must tell you, leave me alone and stay away from everything that concerns me Sienna." she said her tone pitched and I bet I saw tears I her eyes. She shouldered me as she left that spot. I stood there mystified. Was Olivia not her best friend? How can Jason relate with Olivia? Who was talking about replacing Olivia?  What could it be that Jason, Octavia and Olivia have? All these questions pondered in my head till Nathan hit me on the shoulder.
"I told you." he said as he stood near me looking ahead. "See whatever involves her for now, just don't go close to it."
"She talked about Olivia."I told him and he paused, hiding every emotion on his face. "You knew her? Because I didn't and only got to find out about her later on." I added.
"Just don't bother about it, I'll talk to her, talk to Jason."
"Yeah." I shoved it all off.
"lunch?"
"Nah, I'm good. I told him and walked back to the class. The rest of the day was so boring, asides Mathematics anyway. I felt so uneasy and was so glad the day was finally gone. I ran out and drove straight home. In the car, i called Jason and he didn't pick up again. I went to his restaurant and he wasn't on seat either. "Pick your Goddamn calls!" I yelled and drov home. I packed in my parking space and got over to his side. I pressed the door bell and he opened the door.
"What are you doing her Cee."
"Why haven't you been taking my call?" I asked him, my arms folded. "And why do you and your house reek so terribly? What is wrong with you Jason?"
"What is wrong with me?" he repeated and laughed. Leaving the door open for me to come in and then, he slumped on the chair.
"Yes, What's with you and Octavia?"
"Don't go there Cee."
"Is she your girlfriend or ex?
"She's nothing like that to me Sienna." he replied and I paused before asking again."
"Who is Olivia?"
"She told you already?"
"Told me what?"
"That you want to replace Olivia." I paused.
"Tell me everything you know Jason.".
"The only thing you need to know, Sienna, is that I love you."
"Don't... don't ever say that Jason, I feel nothing for you and I will not."
"How long Sienna. For how long will you keep pushing me away? How long will you tell me off? I am in love with you and you know that!"
"Stop! Just shut up okay! Be quiet. You are drunk and you are mistaken."
"I am not. I know you are the one, Sienna. Yes you are young and you have a child but I really do not mind. I want you."
"Shut up!" I screamed. "Now for the last time, who is Olivia or Octavia to you? Who are these people to you?" I said and he lost his balance a little but I was quick to hold him back and sit him down.
"Why do you care so much huh? You don't care about my feelings but you want to care about another who is dead and the other who is obsessed with and about her dead friend?? What is wrong with you Sienna?"
"Jason!" I called out with another person behind me. It was Octavia, she was here too.
"Octavia?"
"What are you doing here Octavia? I thought I asked you to leave the last time."
"I needed answers to why my best friend died and I hear you talk shit like this behind her? behind me too but I see you have company already and I'll leave you two." she turned and left. I ran after her.
"Ta...Octavia wait."