4 • over my dead body

For Melody, it felt almost unreal having to go to school after what happened the day before

For Melody, it felt almost unreal having to go to school after what happened the day before. But Kiara refused to let the girl stay home. She knew that her mother would have both of their asses. She already was suspicious about Melody not returning last night but Kie felt as if she played it off good.

The day went by mostly uneventful, until history class anyways. Melody instantly looked up when man wearing a suit entered into the quiet classroom and whispered to the teacher. She was currently easily distracted from the test they were having to take that she didn't know the answers to. Usually she did really well in school but with the supposed death of John B and then rediscovering he was still alive, she found it very hard to focus on the unimportant things... like school.

Mr. Sunn stood and walked over to the man, not being as quiet when he informed the man that the students were in the middle of a test.

The mystery man's words intrigued the girl. "I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation."

With that, Mr. Sunn instantly turned around. "Mr. Heyward, it's for you."

Melody's blue eyes instantly landed on Pope, happy to know that he might not have permanently ruined his chance if they personally sent someone out to speak to him. He stood up slowly and followed the man out of the classroom. She sighed, knowing it was pointless to try and take this test. There was no way she'd be able to focus now.

She tried to anyways, her eyes attempting to focus on the words but failing as they drifted off back at the classroom door. Pope stormed back in, his eyes wide and sat back down at his table in front of Kie.

"Okay, what was that?" She heard Kie whisper to him. Pope turned around and flashed the envelope to them. Melody squinted her eyes and noticed the welted wax stamp sitting on it.

Her eyes widened. "Is that the wheat symbol?" She whispered urgently.

"Yeah."

"What the f..." JJ exclaimed a little too loudly, instantly gaining the attention of their teacher. "Fu... fu... fuuudge?"

Melody couldn't help but to snicker, finding it completely adorable. She turned back to her test, knowing they had to finish out the class before they could discuss the letter. She found it a little easier now that she had something to look forward to. Before long, she finished her test and the bell rang, signaling the end of torture. For now, anyways.

The group quickly gathered their things and walked as quickly as could to the library. "Is this a game of tag?" JJ asked.

"I don't know." Pope replied as they entered the doors. The librarian didn't seem happy with their loud voices, instantly shushing them.

"Am I gonna have to beat you with your protractor? What's going on?" JJ asked again.

"Seriously, Pope, you are driving me insane." Kie stated as she sat down at a computer. Melody moved to sit beside her.