Chapter 18: Halloween party time

"You guys want to hang out on Halloween?" Kevin asks the group.

I open my locker to grab the books I need to take home. "We can watch Halloween movies," Kevin says, raising his eyebrow's up and down.

It's a week until Halloween. The band and I have been practicing every day for the Halloween party we are playing that night. I have not thought much about Halloween; I have been too busy practicing.

"That could be fun." Anna chimes in.

"Does it have to be scary movies?" Emma says cringing.

"We will not watch scary movies," Rachel responded firmly. "Come on, guys! Whyyyy" Kevin wines.

"You will live." I chucked, closing my locker door.

Behind my locker door was the dirty blond hair I knew too well. "Hey, Luna," Cyrus responds.

"May I help you with something?"

He leans off the locker. "In fact, yes." He smiled.

He then handed me a card. I took the card from him to see it was an invite to a party. "What's this?" I question.

"I am throwing a Halloween party. I wanted to invite you to it." He says, pushing his hair out of his face.

I look at the time of the party, and it's the same time as the gig the band is playing at.

"Sorry, I can't go." I look up to face his ocean-green eyes. "I already have plans that night, sorry."

His eyes dropped a little. Wait, was he sad I could not go to his party? Then, just in a flash, his mood shifted back to his usually upbeat smile face.

"Ooh, that's okay. I know this invitation is late. If your plans change, feel free to come by! I think you would have fun." He whispers that last part.

"Sure, if my plans change, I will come."

"Cool." He stands there silently for a couple of minutes. "I will see you around." Then he took off walking fast.

I then turned to face my friends. They all just stood there quietly and looked shocked. "What? You guys okay?" I question.

"Did you just have a normal connection with Cyrus Jackson?" Anna asks with her mouth hanging open.

"I did what's so wrong with that."

"But you hate him." Kevin stammered.

I rolled my eyes. "I still don't like Cyrus, but after being his partner for class, I had to learn to be civil to him."

Rachel burst out laughing. "Haha, sorry. I find it all too funny."

"Shut up. I still don't like Cyrus." I stared at Rachel.

"Right, whatever you say."

"You can't go because of that gig you are playing with Flood Night?" Emma asked.

"Yep, that's why I can't go. I did not lie to Cyrus about not going."

"Do you wish to go to his party a little?" Anna booms, holding out two figures and gesturing a little.

I stood there and had to think. Did I want to go to Cyrus's party? I looked back at their eager face, waiting for my response.

"I am good. I don't want to go. I'd rather play at a show."

Anna slapped her forehead. "I was hoping you would have wanted to go."

"Sorry, nope. Music is my first love. Not going to let a boy that drives me crazy take over my priorities."