A Strange Case (2)

_______________________________________________

"What do you mean you're not the young master?" It was Ron who broke the silence first and asked. The benign smile vanished from his face and turned into a cold expression. Cale didn't need to turn around and look at Ron's expression to know how the old man was reacting. Words started to appear on the screen once again and they knew it was the God of death speaking.

"Good enough. Now I'll explain. More like, let me bring someone who can explain it better than me"

Everyone got confused as to who the God of death is going to drag here this time. Cale already having the idea who the God of death is going to call sat down and got embraced by Raon and the two kitten On and Hong. They seemed extremely worried about him. As he noticed that he smiled at them in a soft manner and patted their head as to assure them that nothing is going to happen.

On was no stupid girl. She knew that if this guy named Kim Rok Soo swapped souls with the original Cale Henituse a day before meeting Choi Han then it was this Cale who had fed them bread, pasta and cake on top of the hill where the man eating tree was located. It didn't take her even a minute to accept the truth and accept their guardian who took care of them all along. As he sat down she went to him and embraced him from the side in a comforting manner. She could see the way their guardian's pupils were shaking. She saw him this scared for the first time in a long while. On her que Hong and Raon too embraced Cale in a form of acceptance. They felt nice when Cale patted their heads and smiled at them. Feeling relieved that they could help him in some manner.

Ron. He didn't know what to feel. He had not liked the previous trashy young master as much but in a way he was still connected to him. Having taken care of him from when he was an infant. Not being able to get attached to a child you took care of from birth is almost not possible. 18 years. He had served his previous young master for 18 years. In those years he saw every possible expression that child could make. From his happiest moments to his most sorrowful experience. He had seen it all. He felt like a failure right now when he found out that two years ago his young master swapped souls with someone else who didn't even belong to this world. He should've noticed. He should've.

Beacrox, however, didn't feel as much impacted. He never liked the young master who complained about the food he made all the times. But there was still this sense of loss which he felt when he thought about the kid he had grown up with for 18 years. He felt extremely sad to know that that child is now gone in another world. But he was still grateful to his new young master as he was the one who saved his father and helped them get their revenge.

On the other hand. The Henituse family was not doing well. Deruth felt like his whole world crashed down before his eyes. He felt like he could not breathe anymore. His son. The only child who reminded him of his late wife. Drew's little incarnation. His beloved son. He swapped souls with someone from another world and he had no idea about it. He felt like he had failed his late wife and his son. He had lost his one and only child who he swore to protect upon Drew's death.

(Here I don't really know how Deruth must've been when Cale was young and being honest I don't really want to believe the story fandom came up with that Deruth ignored him and married another woman within a year or so on, that's why I'll leave it as it is. As far as I've observed Deruth I felt like he would be a kind and accepting individual who would respect his son's wish as he had did the same in the novel when Cale begin to act like trash.)

There were 2 more individuals who reacted the same way as in Deruth did. Violan Henituse did not know what to speak or how to act. She was not able to put her act together. She needed to calm down for the sake of her husband and kids but she was not able to do so. Her eyes were wide and glossy as she kept staring at the supposed Kim Rok Soo who is in her eldest son's body. She felt like it was probably because of her that Cale decided to leave this world and settle in another world. She knew that upon her arrival Cale was upset. She thought that he might think that she is trying to take his birth mother's place. That was why she avoided being in contact with him thinking that some day Cale will accept her as a family. As a mother. She could not help but hope so as she tried to give that child as much space needed for him to get comfortable and finally open up with her.