Soul of a Dragon

...

Third Person P.O.V

The longboat rows across the dark icy waters, the waves calm and the air still. A fog shrouded around the area, covering most of the island and blocking the sky.

Two lone arrows stood together, pinned on a crate. Gobber sighs heavily, plucking the two up in one hand as he speaks.

"May the Valkyries welcome you and lead you through Odin's great battlefield..."

(Y/N) slowly walks with him, grabbing the two bows lined up for her and Hiccup as Gobber offers her an arrow.

"May they sing your name with love and fury..." Gobber continues, his voice shaking lightly and thick with tears. "So that we might hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla, and know you have taken your rightful place at the table of Kings."

(Y/N) walks to Hiccup, passing (M/N) and Valka. Valka helped (M/N) stand, (M/N)'s arm over her shoulder and her other hand pressed against her new burns on her hip.

(Y/N) offers Hiccup the bow, making him sadly smile as he takes it and the arrow from Gobber. Gobber gently pats Hiccup's shoulder before patting (Y/N)'s head, and turning to join the others.

"For a great man has fallen. A warrior... A Chieftain... A father..."

Hiccup looks at the bow in his hands, stray tears falling from his eyes as he takes a deep breath.

"A friend," Gobber chokes out after a moment, blinking away tears as he looks to the boat carrying Stoick.

(Y/N) reaches over, gently setting her hand over Hiccup's as he takes in another deep breath, nodding and exhaling as she pulls away.

The two light their arrow heads ablaze before aiming, Hiccup releasing his arrow and (Y/N)'s quickly following after his.

His arrow lands on the boat, (Y/N)'s striking besides it as it starts to burn the wood.

The others aim their own bows with fire arrows, (M/N) moving herself from Valka to allow her to fire her bow. They release them, the arrows flying over the waters and hitting the boat.

Stoick's helmet shined brightly with the flames, the wood crackling as it breaks. (Y/N) looks to Hiccup, her eyes watering as she takes in a breath before speaking.

"Stoick was... always reliable, and headstrong," she softly says, making the others focus on her. "And stubborn. Very stubborn. Often didn't listen, but it runs in the family," (Y/N) adds, a small light chuckle after before she regains herself. "But he always did what he thought was best for his people, and always protected them. And that's what made him a great man and Chieftain."

(Y/N) looks to the boat before bowing her head in respect.

"Thank you, Chief Stoick. For always looking out for me after my parents..." She trails off, sighing before smiling with tears in her eyes. "Just thank you for everything."

The group remains silent during her speech, Valka letting out a shuddering sigh as she helps (M/N) stand once more. Fishlegs was crying, not holding back as he wiped away tears with his arm as he sniffled.

Hiccup takes a few steps forward, sighing softly as his eyes fill with tears.

"I'm sorry, Dad..."

Astrid shakes her head with a light sigh,  smiling fondly in farewell to Stoick as she holds back tears.

Ruffnut was tearing up as well, Tuffnut silently crying as the two look at one another. Snotlout did his best to try to cover the fact he was also sobbing, putting on a tough guy act as he wiped away tears.

"I'm not the Chief that you wanted me to be," Hiccup continues, (Y/N) joining his right side as she looks to the boat. "And I'm not the peacekeeper I thought I was. I... Don't know..."

Hiccup trails off, his hand grabbing (Y/N)'s as it trembles lightly, squeezing her hand tight as she squeezes back.

(M/N) looks to Valka with a nod, moving her arm and allowing Valka to go to the left side of Hiccup. She gently caresses his hair, making him look to her.

"You came early into this world. You were such a wee thing," Valka removes her hand, sighing softly. "Oh, so frail... So fragile... I feared you wouldn't make it."

Valka smiles softly, looking at Hiccup before looking out to the distant boat.

"But your father... He never doubted. He always said you would become the strongest of them all," Valka continues before looking at Hiccup as he looks at her. "And he was right."

(M/N) nods in agreement, lightly limping over to (Y/N) as she speaks.

"And (F/N)... He never told you, but... He said he always knew you and Hiccup would change things," she says with a fond smile. "He always believed in you, and was so grateful Hiccup was always at your side to protect you. And you to protect him. That's why he wanted you to be the best viking you could be... And help Berk and always do what's best for you and the people."

(Y/N) felt a sad smile spread on her face as she and Hiccup looked at each other, Valka looking between the two with a nod.

"Hiccup... You have the heart of a Chief, and (Y/N), you have the heart of a warrior," Valka says softly. "And together you have the soul of a dragon. Only you two can bring our worlds together. That is who you are, son." She directs the end to Hiccup, who looks back to the boat before nodding slightly.

He walks a few paces towards the water with (Y/N), the flames of the boat now tall and bright as it lights up the area.

"I, uh... I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could," Hiccup stammers lightly. "H-how do you become someone that great? That brave? That... selfless?"

A tear slides down his cheek as he sighs softly.

"I guess you can only try."

(Y/N) smiles at him, making him smile and nod back with a look of determination as he turns to the group.

"A Chief... protects his own. We're going back."

Astrid grins with a nod, Tuffnut raising a brow.

"Uhh... With what?"

"Uhh, he took all the dragons." Ruffnut agrees, shrugging.

(Y/N) slowly smiles with a soft gasp of realization, her and Hiccup sharing the same look as he speaks with a smirk.

"Not all of them."

...

This scene had me a mess in theaters man 😭

I think this was the first Dreamsworks movie I saw with a character death, so I was really caught off guard ):