Challenging the Alpha

...

Third Person P.O.V

Drago flinches back from the ice and covers his face, not noticing the two dragons had jumped to their friends' rescue as the ice crackles softly, forming jaggedly. He turns back with a laugh, smirking mockingly and sneering at the sight as he nods.

"(Y/N)! Hiccup!" (M/N) screams, her and Valka rushing down.

"No!" Valka gasps, jumping from the Nadder and slamming on the ice. "No!"

(M/N) breathes heavily, jumping from the Nadder and grabbing (Y/N)'s sword, attempting to chip at the ice with it as Valka helplessly slams her fists against it.

Gobber and Astrid rush over with the others, Astrid backing away a step with a gasp as tears form in her eyes.

A faint blue glow starts to light the ice, a loud hissing sound escaping as Astrid and Gobber notice with confusion.

"No..." Valka whimpers, leaning her forehead on the ice before jolting away from the sudden heat.

"Valka!" (M/N) yells, noticing the ice crackling.

Valka gasps, her eyes wide as she swiftly backs away and grabs (M/N)'s hand, the two quickly rushing out of range.

Drago's eyes widen as the ice glows even brighter, making him grunt as he attempts to rush away.

The ice explodes, making people cry out and exclaim as the two dragons were seen covering Hiccup and (Y/N).

(D/N) had his wing over the two, his feathers hardened to protect them better and his tail wrapped around them. Toothless stood over them, shaking his head while breathing heavily.

Hiccup held (Y/N) close to his chest, (Y/N)'s hand resting on his arm and around his waist. He looks her over with concern, sighing in relief and hugging her when he sees no injuries.

Toothless was glowing a faint blue, showing the rage he felt was so great it caused the fire within him to skyrocket in heat. (D/N) looks at Toothless with wide eyes, bowing his head lightly as Toothless lets out an Earth-shattering roar.

Toothless looks back, purring softly as he looks over the two.

Hiccup nods, (Y/N) smiling and setting her hand on his nose as he nuzzles into it for a moment before turning back with a snarl.

(D/N) looks back to (Y/N), nuzzling his nose into her cheek before looking back at Toothless.

Toothless rumbles lowly, jerking his head for (D/N) to follow as he leaps up onto a spike of ice, snarling and roaring with his wings slightly opened and his back arched.

(D/N) follows, landing on the ice to Toothless' side and facing the Alpha silently.

The Alpha roars back, Toothless snorting to (D/N), who backs away a step with a nod. 

"Toothless is challenging the Alpha!" Hiccup realizes, Valka and (M/N) quickly joining the two.

"But what's (D/N) doing?" (M/N) questions in confusion, watching as he bows to Toothless.

"He's standing at Toothless' side," Valka gasps before smiling, "as his second! To help protect you!"

Toothless fires a plasma ball, striking the left side of the Bewilderbeast's face before doing the same to the other side, not giving the Bewilderbeast a chance to recover.

He fires another blast, leaping up and back as the Bewilderbeast destroys some of the ice Toothless was on. Toothless barks at (D/N), making him roar back with a nod as he turns and jumps back to Hiccup and the others, guarding them.