The Aftermath - Part 5

!!TW!!

Death, electrocution, torture, hypnosis/brain washing, kicking a corpse(obviously normal haha...) 

Please read with caution

As the heroes get up, a familiar voice stops them in their tracks. "Times up heroes! wanna know what the Audience picked!?" Ranboo's voice fills with panic. "What did they pick?!" He stops pulling at the vent, and looks at the founder. "They... chose.... For...." He watches, with desperation in his eyes. "For you to live...." Ranboo sighs in relief. "Mysty were saved, we can leave!" 

The founder smiled, and spoke again. "...And Mysty to die! We were streaming to both channels. guess that shows how much your viewers love you Mysty!" The Founder laughs at the horror on the heroes' faces. Ranboo looks over to Mysty. "Mysty... You don't deserve to die!" He pauses, taking Mysty's hand. "I won't let that happen, I will protect you at all costs." He looks up at the founder. "Let me trade places with her. She does not deserve this. Please, don't do this to her." Mysty's eyes widen and she turns to him. "No Ranboo! Don't do this!" 

Ranboo seems extremely worried for her "Aww, but that's the fun of the game Ranboo." The founder smiles at them, before his face drops. "Get her.'' Guards fill the room, and drag Ranboo away from Mysty, holding him still as they grab Mysty and tie her to a pole, her arms free but with limited movement. She screams, the mask starting to flicker on. Ranboo fills with fear and panic, as he sees her getting tied up.He looks at the guards, and he tries to break free. "No! Let me go!" His voice fills with panic, and he pulls harder on the ropes. He watches as they tie her up. 

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, this can't be happening, this can't be happening!" He pulls at the ropes, and looks at Mysty, who is looking at him, not struggling anymore. "Goodbye Ranboo, thank you for everything." Mysty smiles sadly, a tear falling from her eye. The founder smiles at her, before pulling a lever halfway that was on the wall. The mask begins sending bolts of electricity through her, causing her to scream, and claw at her face. The founder slowly increased the voltage by flipping the switch until she falls silent, her head going limp on her neck, her eyes open in silent terror, unfocused and unblinking. 

The mask powers off. Ranboo watches, tears streaming down his face. His voice fills with horror. "No, no, no, no, no! No! No, no, no, no no!" He tries to pull against the ropes more, and looks over at Mysty once again, with desperation in his eyes. "Mysty! Wake up!! Please!! I'm begging you!!" She lays still, not breathing, but looks to finally be at peace, and motionless. "No!! No, no, no, no! Mysty, wake up! Wake up, please! Just look at me, and come back to me!" He looks fearful, as he watches her, and he pulls harder against the ropes. 

"Come on, wake up, please, please, please! Mysty!" His voice fills with desperation. The Founder laughs at him. "Isn't this fun Ranboo! She died for you! Now you can stay with us forever!" He stops smiling. "Grab him boys!" Ranboo's voice fills with terror, as he looks around the room, he sounds desperate. "No! No! I can't go with you! Please! Don't do this to me!" He speaks loudly. "Don't you see? This isn't right! I can't stay here! Please!" He tries to resist as they try to drag him away. As they make their way out of the room, the guard accidentally lets Ran go, and he takes the opportunity to run. The guards start chasing him. 

Ranboo runs as fast as he can. He passes the set for the 'spirit of the cabin' and a tear falls from his eye, and he falters, having flashbacks to Sneeg stuck in the cage, the rotting corpse sat next to him. The guards catch up to him and they tie him up in a chair, and bring him back to the founder. 

He tries to get out of the ropes, and he speaks with hesitation. He looks at the founder, an angry glint in his eye. "Can I ask you a question..?" The founder looks bored. "Go ahead. you won't remember the answer soon anyways...." Ranboo pauses, as he thinks of the right words. "Why..? Why does Mysty have to stay dead, and I have to live..? I don't want to be here! Why do I get to stay alive? Why is it not both of us? Or none of us!" the founder chuckles, "Simple! Her viewers chose die, yours chose live! it's a social experiment Ranboo! The people decide!" 

Ranboo seems stunned by the words, as he pauses. He looks at the founder. "Why do the viewers decide!? Doesn't that mean that you are only doing this to make yourself popular?!" His voice fills with concern, and he seems horrified. He pauses, and looks at Mysty, laying on the ground in front of the founder's feet, her hair covering her face, the red glow gone from the mask. "That cannot be what is right! It... It sounds like you only want content with this channel!" The founder cuts him off "That is enough! Now Ranboo. I think it's time you become obedient again..." 

Guards come in and place headphones on his head, and tie his hands tighter so he couldn't take them off. Ranboo looks at the founder, in absolute horror. He remember this, he remembers when they did this the first time. He speaks weakly, as he sounds desperate. "No, please don't do this! I... I won't be a puppet! Can't you hear me? Can't you listen to me? I don't want to be here!" Tears fill his eyes, and he looks down at Mysty, motionless on the ground, her eyes unblinking and staring at him. He looks up at the founder, and his voice is filled with fear. He says, with desperation. "No, no, no! Please! Please! Stop this!" 

A screen is lowered from the ceiling, concealing the Founder and Mysty's limp body. Loud sounds can be heard through the headphones, and a spiral appears on the screen that he can't look away from"You want to be here Ranboo..." The founder speaks in a slow voice, smiling. Ranboo begins crying, realising he can't do anything to save himself as the spiral and the conditioning bore into his mind. 

He gives up, realising it is hopeless. His eyes starts to droop. "I... I do." He looks at the spiral, his sadness fading as it was replaced with obedience, his tense shoulders relaxing a he gave up. "I want to be here..." The Founder smiles, "good..." Ranboo speaks in a trance-like voice, eyes glazed over and not focused."I love to be here.." He smiles at the founder. 

The founder left, and when he came back a while later, he found Ranboo still sitting there, looking at the screen. "What a good little puppet..." The screen lifts up, and the headphones are lifted off Ranboo's head. Ranboo looks up at him.  The founder smirks, and looks behind him at Mysty's body. "And is there anyone in front of you? anyone... important?" He smiles as he kicks Mysty into view, her neck twisting at a strange angle. Ranboo speaks quickly. "No! Nobody! There is no one important there except you!" Ranboo smile up at The founder, still on the chair. 

"Well done ranboo. Less excitement though please, it sounds to fake..." He looks up at the founder "Of course Founder." The founder smiles coldly, and kicks Mysty back to where she was. Ranboo makes no motion to help her or even notice she is there. The founder turns and speaks to the guards on the side of the room. "Untie him. He's ready for season 2." He smiles as Ranboo is untied. "May I ask a question?" Ranboo asks, standing up. "Yes you may." The founder looks at him. "What's season two?" Ranboo smiles at him, unaware of the danger. "It shall be called.... The Founders cut." He snaps his finger, and Ranboo falls limp on the ground.

-And that concludes The Aftermath of Generation Loss! i hope you guys enjoyed this book, i loved writing every second of it. I hope i didn't make the death to traumatic. Yeah who am i kidding, I'm not sorry. It had to happen. Anyways, i have a bonus little chapter that i may post if it turns out good enough, which was inspired by a comment from